One year since MV repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnz

July 14 was one year since my Mitral Valve Repair surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, which was prompted by endocarditis on the valve. I'm celebrating by running a 5k. It's also 17 months since my ablation for ventricular tachycardia. After all that, I've got no symptoms, no restrictions, no medication. Just lots of gratitutde.

Thanks, everyone. I'm revisiting this thread because all of a sudden I'm approaching the 2 year anniversary of the MV repair on July 14. Time flies. The good news is the valve is still great. The surprise is that that the catheter ablation didn't work last year and I never got to run that celebratory 5K race! Instead wound up in the ER getting electrocardioversion to stop the 200 bpm heart rate. Had another ablation in May and this time the surgeon was really confident that they found the problem and ablated it. I was nervous about them sending the catheter through my repaired valve, but they satisfied me that it was safe and worth the risk. The VT is more dangerous than the an imperfect valve. I'm gathering my courage to get back in the gym and finally complete that race. Best to all...

Latest posts

Back