One Year Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewValveNY

Today is my first anniversary of my admission for OHS at St. Francis Hospital, NY where my leaking bicuspid aortic valve was replaced with a St. Jude mechanical valve. What a year it has been! I am so glad to have found VR.com this past year, but I wish I knew about it before my surgery. All of the postings I have read have been helpful, informative, and supportive and have given me a sense of community. I hope that some of my postings were supportive and helpful for others.

It has been quite a year. I remember waking up in ICU to the glorious sounds of my loving family talking to me. I recall coming home and sleeping propped up for three weeks. I remember looking for a watch the first time I heard the click of my valve, crying at being reminded of the surgery and my initially weakened conditioned. I then began to think of the click as a sign of a beating, healthy heart and became comforted by it. At first, progress was seen weekly, then monthly.

Like many other people, I have seen life and its blessings from a more intense perspective, not taking people, events and experiences for granted. I never thought that I would feel so good one year after the surgery.

I am using INRatio to monitor my INR., have begun to loose some of the weight that I have gained this past year. I am back to working out, and have actually included three 30 minute runs into my weekly schedule, and I just plain feel good!

Hank, thanks for founding this amazing website community and Ross, thanks for being such a diligent administrator. I value your efforts.
To the VR.com community, I wish you all good health, complete recovery and a full life.

Yours,
Allan

Allan, congratulations on your first year....:)
Your post clearly describes the feeling of thankfullness and new appreciation for life that so many of us experience. Best wishes for continuing good health.

Great post, Allan. Best wishes for many more valve anniversaries!

Allan,

CONGRATULATIONS on your 1-year anniversary!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january19*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL
"Crank up the music" ... Steven Curtis Chapman ... 'Live Out Loud'

Back