One week to go !

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scottie

hi folks ...well I'm on the count down now ...one week tomorrow ..Tuesday the 10th is my date with my new look front ...my daughter (this next bit is for the girls only ) has told me to ask the surgeon to suck out some fat while he is in there and pull the string real tight on the way out and I could emerge from this experience with a whole new look ...no harm is asking is what I say ....
Anyway ..back to it ...I check in at the hospital on Sunday at 2.30 pm ..in Edinburgh which is about 5 hrs drive away ..Hubby is coming with me and staying with friends ...my children are hoping to make it down to see me at the weekend ..I've been told I will be in hospital for a week to ten days but might get transferred to one nearer home if things are going okay ....
I've got my new jammies ,gown and slippers , pillow , music and books , toiletries and so on ready ....all the great advice I've had over the yrs from being here is finally going to be used ...Thanks folks ..I'm so glad I found this place .
Best wishes
Scottie

Scottie - It looks like you are really ready, new PJs and all. I'm sure you will emerge a new woman. Maybe you will break the record for the fastest out or maybe they will transfer you to the closer hospital and you can sneak home for a visit. Anyway, I think your surgery should go very well and you can share your experience. Please have someone post your status while you are unavailable.

Scottie

Scottie

So glad you have such a positive outlook on this. You keep it up now hon. And I will pray for you and your family. So glad your loved will close by for you. You will b just fine. Just tell them to keep us posted on how you are fairing up. Take care.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. jude's valve

Good luck and godspeed with your surgery. My own is only two days later. So will have my wife keep me posted about your progress. Only the best to you and yours.

hi scottie!
you will be in our thoughts and our prayers. i'm sure all will go well and it will be behind you in no time. we look forward to hearing how it went.
God bless and be well, sylvia

Scottie.

Just wanted you to know you will be in my prayers. You have made the right decision and you will be in very good hands.

I hope your recovery in the hospital will be short and that once you are home you will get better very quickly. I personally am amazed how good I feel less than three weeks from surgery.

You will be fine Scottie and please know that I will be cheering you on to recovery.

When you get a chance let me know if they serve haggis in the hospital. Might not be too bad with a shot of single malt scotch.

Walter

Hi Scottie,

You have my very best wishes for a smooth and successful surgery and a quick, uneventful recovery.

I'm so glad you made the decision you did. You will be feeling much better in the not too distant future and your family will be thrilled to have you around for many extra years!

When you start to have those doubts again, switch your mind to planning your next vacation or how you plan to celebrate your great recovery. It will help keep you in a positive state of mind.

Ron K

Hi Scottie

Hi Scottie

That was a quick reply to my question posted under 50th anniversary for open-heart surgery. Don't blame you for not wearing blue;) :D I figured my aunt was born 40 years too soon...Small world, but another aunt..sister to Mama knew Dr. Deblakey personally out in Galveston, Texas...What was he known for..first heart transplant. Forget?...But I have you down for a week from today..No worry...You will be fine:) :) Bonnie Lass:D

Hi Scottie-
Best Wishes. You'll do great and be home before you know it! Your positive attitude is so important before and after. Let us know how you are...

Les

My dear Scottie - you have been on the site how long now? Must be near 2 yrs. You came along right behind Gillian (wonder how she is). In that time, we get yo know each other pretty well and become attached, as we have with you. This means we will have a long week ahead of us as we travel along with you and know that it is a pretty nervous week for you, what with your hesitancy to go through the thing in the first place! We know that you will do well, at least once you are under the anesthetic where you will stop telling them "I am NOT going to have this operation; you can't make me; I want to go home NOW". Seriously, Scottie, my prayers are with you all the way up and over the mountain, as yours have been with so many before you. God bless

Scottie and Bill too,

We will be sending prayers your way. Soon you will be over the mountain and joining the rest of us marveling at how great you will soon be feeling. God bless.

Dear Scottie:

Let me add our sincerest best wishes for a speedy recovery. Although I am crazy busy at work, I couldn't let this one pass without wishing you Godspeed.

Marybeth

Scottie,
Hang in there grrrl... the waiting is the hard part you know!

Have a sticky note on my monitor so I will remember to keep everything crossed that day!

Love,
Zazzy

Hi Scottie!

No worries for you!! We are all rooting for you here. You just go with the flow and take it one thing at a time, and soon you will be lounging about in your new PJs in a luxury room with a bunch of flowers and room service and all that. Hopefully just a day or two of nastiness, and then you just sit back and take it easy. Make sure you get your naps and walks in! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!!

best wishes,
Jennie

Scottie
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! We will be thinking of you.
Better go have a single nougat before the surgery, you might not have a taste for them afterward.
-Mara

Hi Scottie-

I want to add my wishes for the best surgical result possible. I hope you can have someone let us know how you did. We'll be waiting to hear.

It's almost the birthday for your shiny new heart!

Talk to you later.

Hi Scottie, Best wishes ...

Hi Scottie, Best wishes ...

Hi Scottie,
Everything will be fine. You won't need any special luck, but I'll wish you good luck and best wishes anyway. Will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Don
AVR; 4/02; CCF; Cosgrove; Bovine

Good luck for Tuesday

Good luck for Tuesday

Hi Scottie,

Just wanted to wish you the very best for Tuesday. I don't know where I got the idea your surgery was on the 17th!!!???.

I hope everything goes smoothly and as painlessly as possible. I know the surgeon will take very good care of you and you have all your friends here rooting for you.

Let us know what it was like as soon as you feel like logging on.

Love,

It's 1:00 p.m. where I am; you are 6 hours ahead of me, so it's gettin to be going to bed time for you this Friday night. Counting the hours with you. What time will you be leaving home Sunday - so you cqn get last moment messages before you head out.

Try to get rest but if you don't, not to worry, they will give you rest Monday. Prayers going. Ann:)

Hi Scottie, Just wanted to add my wishes for successful surgery and speedy recovery. We'll all be thinking of you on Tuesday. All the best, God Bless!

Latest posts

Back