One thing I've yet to do....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I think I drank about 4 or 5 bottles of prune juice. They would not let me leave the hospital until I had a movement.

Other ideas - Magnesium (don't take too much or at the same time as warfarin), flax seed, bran muffins...

Are you dehydrated? I find that drinking a WHOLE LOT of water canget things going.

Good luck!

They brought me two cups of warm prune juice. Didn't work.
Some other white liquid. Didn't work
Finally a suppository ..... that worked. I could not go home until something worked.
(I imagine that must be the 'rule' for all of us.)
Good luck. Hopefully the prune juice did its thing by now.

I ate huge amounts of fruit in the hospital, because I immediately picked on how the nurses were really focused on that particular bodily function. I kept that up for the first week or two back home, since that was right when our strawberry crop was coming in.

I never had so many people ask me about having a bowel movement in my life. A lot of the pain meds will cause backup.

And as long as we already have to much information out there. Once you break that seal, look out.

Warm, almost hot PRUNE JUICE would do the trick. 16-22 oz. Make sure to drink while very warm, for some reason cold prune juice has less effect.

Hope everything comes out OK for you (pun intended)!

I had lots of issues post-op. Eventually (a month after surgery) I was readmitted, needed a bottle of sparkling magnesium citrate. That WORKED. After that occasional issues were dealt with via Miralax, which worked but much more gently than the industrial strength mag citrate. Even now, 15 months post-op, I still have occasional problems. Such is life.

Latest posts

Back