One pill does it all!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Frank

What do you get when you combine three blood-pressure-lowering drugs, a cholesterol-busting statin, and aspirin into a single pill?

The answer is a "kitchen sink" approach that proponents say could reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels -- two well-known heart disease risk factors -- significantly for some, according to research presented today at the American College of Cardiology's 58th annual scientific session in Orlando.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartDiseaseNews/story?id=7208946&page=1

I just saw a report on that on the news. However, I have misgivings about it. First, if asked to get off the aspirin for a procedure, you cannot get off it without getting off everything! Second, since everyone is so different, maybe one person needs a bit more of one medication and a bit less of another.

I guess it could be good for people who are generally non compliant about taking their medication (at least it is easier), but it certainly is not ideal.

I just saw a report on that on the news. However, I have misgivings about it. First, if asked to get off the aspirin for a procedure, you cannot get off it without getting off everything!

That will be the new and improved pill w/o aspirin, due later this year...:D

if asked to get off the aspirin for a procedure, you cannot get off it without getting off everything!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7971456.stm

"Trials on 2,053 healthy individuals free of cardiovascular disease,......Reductions were seen in both blood pressure and cholesterol without any major side effects.......could potentially halve strokes and heart attacks..."

it's not for us. this is just your basic one-a-day prophylaxis for the
general population. anyone with underlying problems will still be taking
individual meds by prescription.

Yes i saw that on the news last night. I have mixed opinions about it. It would save you money if you needed to be on blood pressure, colesteral and asprin pills with just combining it all.But as someone said before, what if you needed to be off of just one for something. The concept is good but I'm not sold on this just yet

Coumadin and Aspirin

Coumadin and Aspirin

Many doctors are prescribing both Coumadin and aspirin for their patients. Our cardiologist and his 18 partners do prescribe this combination and have been doing so for some time now.

This site might be of interest to you. www.warfarinfo.com I believe that this site is one of the very best for reliable information on anticoagulation. I would recommend it to anyone who needs current information on Coumadin, Warfarin, and other anticoagulation issues.

Also, this article might be useful too.

http://www.warfarinfo.com/aspirin&warfarin.htm

there should be a machine that mixes pills in to some kind of edible convenient form and dispenses automatically. It should be programmable via the internet by doctors or care takers.

It should be programmable via the internet by doctors or care takers.

cool, the machine will be located at the nearest pharmacy. will be
very convenient for druggies and or hackers to reprogram. watch out
on april first, they'll be converting all the headache meds into laxatives.

cool, the machine will be located at the nearest pharmacy. will be
very convenient for druggies and or hackers to reprogram. watch out
on april first, they'll be converting all the headache meds into laxatives.

I will fix that. I invented the internets! :cool:

I wonder what would happen if those among us who have control over such things (cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc.--some of us don't) actually took charge of our own destinies, stayed fit, kept weight to non-obese levels, ate healthfully and didn't do all the bad things that lead to heart disease. Would drug companies just go broke?

The moneyed West is entranced by gimmicks and far too susceptible to the lures of advertising. If prices of some drugs weren't already jacked up to the high heavens (which is what allows the companies to pay for all the advertising), we wouldn't need a proprietary single pill (which will cost on many plans about $40/month unless it makes a formulary, and then it'll be $20) to replace aspirin (which costs practicially nothing) and other drugs that have generic versions for about $10 apiece). Sounds like somebody's lining his or her pockets with mink.

Latest posts

Back