On-X valve becoming the only mechanical heart valve approved for low-dose anticoagula

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on-x

on-x

sorry but i am just reading your response. My surgery was at St. Francis Hospital in Columbus, GA> Smith Stations is aprx 30 miles east of Auburn Alabama- just across the Chattachoochee River from Columbus.

alex c. said:
OMG! Well I'm glad the On-x sounds great, but that was horrible for the surgeon to install a valve you did not ask for. Did you think of taking any legal action because of this? I'm glad you are doing, well, but I was just curious.

Here was my thought process, My main concern was that "it" (the valve replacemen) worked. If it did ( and so far it appears to be doing great) I am happy- If it did not, well, then I would not be happy- I cannot tell you how shocked I was when he told me what he had done- one is not in the best of spirits after OHS- so at that time I could not generate the energy to talk to him. It has been over a year and all is well - so I guess it is best to leave well enough along.

food poisoning

food poisoning

Dustin said:
This is the reason why I did not panic when my INR momentarily dropped to 1.6 after food poisoning and bad dosis management. Granted I want it between 2.5 -3.5, but getting low for a short period may not put us at great risk when clinics fail to dose properly.

I had an incident this summer when I either had a severe stomach virus or food poisoning which resulted in my having to go to the hospital- I cannot tell you how bad I felt!! My blood pressure dropped to 70/40- I wondered if this was a result of my being on coumadin. Any thoughts?

belajob said:
I had an incident this summer when I either had a severe stomach virus or food poisoning which resulted in my having to go to the hospital- I cannot tell you how bad I felt!! My blood pressure dropped to 70/40- I wondered if this was a result of my being on coumadin. Any thoughts?

More likely dehydration from the puking/diarrhea with the food poisoning. Can't think of any chemical factor in coumadin that would make you hypotensive.

Latest posts

Back