On-X survey

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don6170

Has anyone done the On-X survey, from the ad on the forum? $200 sounds great, but I am concerned on how intrusive the questions are and if it requires input from the surgeon. I was considering doing the survey after I have a date set for the AVR surgery.

So two people who did the survey ended up with On-X valves. The survey participant agreement says:

You must be willing to share your personal information including name, address, E-mail address, your telephone number, valve information, surgeon name and surgeon telephone number with On-X Life Technologies, Inc., in order to participate.

Has anyone who participated suspected participation influenced their surgeon's valve selection?

I did the survey when it was $150. Was worth it to me because I was sure I wanted the On-X valve implanted. I don't know if they got a hold of my surgeon or not, but I suspect it didn't matter and that my preference was the only thing the surgeon paid attention to.

I took the survey and got my first $100 gift card. There's a post-op survey and gift card waiting for me later.

I've requested an On-X valve if a repair isn't feasible when he gets in there, or if it doesn't work out. He said it's possible that if a repair is attempted but doesn't work, then he might have to switch to a Carbomedics Top Hat. Maybe I'll have to get spats and cane to go with that. :biggrin2:

My surgeon will choose either an On-X or CarboMedics based on what he finds when he gets in there. Of course, I have enormous confidence in the skills and integrity of my surgeon. But if I did the survey and ended up with an On-X valve, part of me would always wonder if a last minute call from an On-X sale rep factored into his real-time OR decision making process.

I'll stop to pick up a penny on the side of road. 200 bucks is something I'd normally go out my way to collect. If I could only figure out a way to get my surgeon to wake me up long enough to submit the pre-op On-X survey once he's made up his mind...

I did the pre-op survey and got the $100 gift card in the mail a week or two later. At the time I did the survey, we were leaning toward TAVI vs OHS. I asked On-X if I still qualified to take the survey and she said I did. I am going for TAVI next week and plan to do the post-op questionnaire.

My surgeon will choose either an On-X or CarboMedics based on what he finds when he gets in there. Of course, I have enormous confidence in the skills and integrity of my surgeon. But if I did the survey and ended up with an On-X valve, part of me would always wonder if a last minute call from an On-X sale rep factored into his real-time OR decision making process.

I'll stop to pick up a penny on the side of road. 200 bucks is something I'd normally go out my way to collect. If I could only figure out a way to get my surgeon to wake me up long enough to submit the pre-op On-X survey once he's made up his mind...

I picked my surgeon prior to answering the survey. My surgeon (Dr. Glenn Barnhart) stated he only used On-x valves. That sold me on him after doing all of my research.

Back