On the mend

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amy

My husband has been home for 5 days from his hospitilization due to fluid around the heart. He is doing much better. The huge black and blues are almost gone and his color is normal. His feet and hands are slightly cooler than prior to surgery, but not ice cold anymore. Yesterday, we actually went to the movies. A local mall opens early for people to walk. Alan has started walking in the mall with a neighbor who had a triple bypass several years ago. We will see the cardiologist on Tuesday. They will check coumidan levels, do an ekg and echo.

Great news, Amy. It sounds as if he'll be OK, and I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on him, which is a good thing. You must be thrilled.

Great News Amy

Great News Amy

so pleased to hear your news ...hope this recovery continues ...love and best wishes to you both
Scottie

HI A AND A

HI A AND A

SO VERY GLAD ALL IS WELL.....CAN I TAKE YOU GUYS OFF MY PRAYER LIST NOW??? WE'VE MISSED YOUR POSTS AND WERE WORRIED ABOUT ALAN, SO GLAD HE'S DOING WELL......MAKE HIM PROMISE NO MORE SCARES!!! HOW DOES AC SOUND THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER FOR A REUNION?

HAVE MISSED YOU GUYS.

EVELYN

A reunion would be fun. Today, Alan was able to sleep in our bed instead of the recliner for the first time since his surgery. Maybe our life is returning to normal!!!!!!!! Alan has a lot more respect for his health and is listening to his body after ending up in CCU for 5 days. Thanks for your kind wishes

Glad to hear that Alan is back on the track to recovery. Being able to sleep comfortably in bed is a sure sign of improvement. Remind him that NAPS are GREAT and to indulge himself whenever he feels the urge such as after his regular morning walk (before it gets too hot outside). Another walk before the sun goes down is also good...or walking in an air conditioned mall is nice if he can arrange for regular transportation.

'AL'

We are lucky that the mall is about 6 or 7 minutes away from our house taking back roads to avoid traffic. Our neighbor goes mall walking (just earned his 1,000 mile shirt) 6 days a week, so transportation is no problem. My husband does take two or three naps a day. He is mall walking right now.

Latest posts

Back