Now headed for surgery.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwisconsin

Green Bay, WI, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, IL.
So as some of you know who have followed me over the last couple months. I had endocarditis and they were thinking surgery after its treatment. However, in the last month that changed due to my heart appearing to be in good shape minus some problems with A-fib. So the plan was for me to have a TEE on this past Friday to double check the heart post-infection and to be hospitalized to start a Sotolol regiment. The TEE showed the valve was still leaking more than they would like and there seemed to be some scar tissue build up. I am still a little vague on the details since I heard most of this minutes after waking up from the TEE.

Therefore instead of the Sotolol hospitalization I went home and I am now scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, April 1. They are planning on replacing the Aortic root, the valve, and doing a Maze procedure. I am having Dr. Malaisrie at Northwestern for the surgeon.

I still have a couple of tests on Monday and Tuesday, including the dental exam so it may be postponed but that is the plan so far.

Thank you to everyone here who has provided well wishes throughout this process.

Good luck, Matt. They also were re-considering surgery for me when my heart got better after the endocarditis treatment. For one week I really thought I might be able to avoid it, but after a second TEE they decided it was unavoidable. I'll have my surgery a day before yours.

Good Luck Matt, at least now you finaaly have answers and they'll help you feel better AND you hopefully won't have a long wait. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know you move around alot, do you have family close by?

Best wishes, Matt. I've got you on the calendar, so we'll be rooting for you next week.:)

No worries!! You'll be back here posting about the pesky nurses and hard as a rock beds in no time!! :D Throw some extra pillows into the back of the car and have someone bring them to you once you get into your cardiac wing room.

It's a ride, but you'll be tough and maneuver your way right through it. Stay optimistic! Smile a lot. Smell the roses going in and "hold that thought"!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back