Nose Bleeding

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake777

Been having a bad nose bleed all morning and it won't stop. Had big blood clots come out also. Talked to doctor and he made me an appt. for 3:30, that is another hour from now. Should I go to ER or wait?

Forgot to mention, I did my routing warfarin check and it was 2.3 this morning, barely under target. Then I started bleeding like crazy, was thinking maybe since I have been sick all week taking theraflu it thinned out. Well took it again to see if it was a bad reading and it was 1.4 this time. So called the doctor that is monitoring my warfarin, he says wait and go to the doctor. I'm like I guess I will bleed for another hour then.

I think it may be stopping, but every time I say that it starts again. And if I blow my nose it bleeds for another hour. Going to just go to the doctor, yes I will probably have to wait in ER, so going now. Wish me luck we figure this out. Thanks

Well made it back from doctor. Bleeding stopped like 10 minutes after I left the house, but slowly started back up when I got there. After all of that I had a bad sinus infection and a fever. The ointment they prescribed me for the nose bleeds ended up not being at the Walmart pharmacy I use, so still have to wait until tomorrow. Bleeding is starting up again. Pharmacists said something about using neosporin but it won't be as strong as the prescribed topical ointment, but going to try that until mines makes it to the pharmacy tomorrow. Thanks for everything Bina!

I'm glad that you got it checked out. Try to keep relaxed this evening and maybe sleep with your head higher
than usual and on your side. I seemed to have minor nose bleeds when I was taking Aspirin with my Coumadin.
good luck :)

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed

Hope your bleed has stopped by now.

I had one that lasted six hours and others that have passed the five hour mark. A couple have required trips to the ER. I learned how to pack my own nose after enduring having one of those inflatable nose packing devices stuck in by ER folks once.

None of my major bleeds happened when my INR was excessively high. I've no doubt that low humidity played a role in most of my nose bleeds. I was always amazed how quickly I could get it to stop when an ER doctor threatened to cotterize a bleed.

-Philip

I've no doubt that low humidity played a role in most of my nose bleeds. I was always amazed how quickly I could get it to stop when an ER doctor threatened to cotterize a bleed.
-Philip

Low humidity or dehydration will certainly do a number on your nasal passages. I have to drink more water when I go to New Mexico, Colorado or Arizona, or even to Amarillo in West Texas.

Back