Non-linearity....cont.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Dr. Thomas This should not effect value of CoaguChek. Ask the lab how linear are
they at INR values above 5 or 6 from separate blood draws from the same
individual. The CoaguChek is accurate and precise at the INR values of
importance, in or near the therapeutic range. All systems become non
linear at higher levels. Jack Ansell MD

[email protected] wrote:
>
> Dear Dr. Ansell, They have discontinued use of Coaguchek capillary INR testing at my KP clinic Falls Church VA. They state that Coaguchek gives nonlinear results at the higher levels. Does this mean the Coaguchek results are too high or too low at the higher levels? Is this "non-linearity" clinically significant? What is the INR range in which the Coaguchek is closest to a central lab veinstick ?Thanks
>
> --
> Martin A. Thomas MD,FACR

They are playing with numbers and not looking at patient outcomes.

Playing with numbers alright!

Playing with numbers alright!

My experience with medical administrators over 50 years is that they would much rather play with numbers than think. Is that why they are called "bean counters"?

Ain't that the truth.

The CoaguChek strips I buy have been on sale for most of this year. So I haven't spent what I had budgeted. So now they want to cut my budget for strips for next year.

I told them to write in big red letters with lipstick on their office wall that it is OK if I exceed the budget for strips for next year. Otherwise they tend to "forget" why they made the decision.

Latest posts

Back