No Soup For You!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mainframe

Well I just talked with my surgeon, and he told me because of some dialation of my aorta, that the Ross Procedure that I was hoping for wouldn't be my best option, and that if he did do a Ross, that I would most likely develop problems within a year or two.

So it's plan B, which is the St. Jude Toronto SPV stentless porcine valve. In a way, it's a disappointment because at age 45, it's almost a certainty that I'll be doing this again in another 10-20 years. On the other hand, I'm a bit relieved because I know success with the Ross isn't guaranteed either.

In any event I'm going in tomorrow for surgery. Glad it's almost here and I'm looking foward to being on the road to recovery.

Chris

mainframe

mainframe

Glad you are so optimistic about the upcoming surgery. Be sure to have someone post for you. You have encouraged a lot of us and we will miss you till you come back. You make us proud and go girl.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

MainFrame if it's any help, my Ross only lasted 6 1/2 years and I, as you know, I'm about to have a valve of one sort or another put in. I don't entertain the thought of going through surgery again either, but it's a much better choice then what will happen if we don't. :)

Chris Good luck with your surgery!

Ross- why did your Ross only last 6 1/2 years? I'd be interested to know what the docs think happened.

Dear Chris - well, guess you heading to the foot of the mountain to begin your last climb. We're walking along, too, you know, right with you. You are in my prayers. And we'll be anxious to know you have reached the top. Is someone going to let us know? We're leavin the light on for ya. And ...Godspeed

Chris-

Wishing you the best for your surgery tomorrow. We'll all be here waiting to hear how it went. I hope someone will let us know.

Bon voyage! Smooth sailing!

Chris,

Best of luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. You've had enough obsticles in the last week, so maybe the rest of the process will be smooth.

By the way, where do you think medical technology will be in 15 - 20 years, if you do need another valve replacement? Many of us who got tissue replacement valves are hoping the second time around will be a lot easier, and we avoid the coumadin in the meantime.

I'll be watching for your posts over the weekend or early next week.

Ron K

Good Luck Cris

Good Luck Cris

sgood Luck tomorrow..you'll see..its not going to be as bad as you think:) I also had a St. Judes Toronto Porcine implanted on Sept 25th down here in N Carolina at Duke..I now respect all Pigs and salute if I see Babe!!Please let us know how well you are doingJoan (OINK)

Good Luck

Good Luck

Sending prayers your way for tomorrow. Also I never say anything if a person is undecided, but you have noticed that some mechanicals have problems too and need replacing. I had a homograft in Jan of '00 and I am very happy with it...Scotty will just beam me up for the next one and Bones will run a wand over me and poof I'll be good as new!

Latest posts

Back