No clicking or ticking?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozycat

Live in Mojave, Ca., "first private spaceport in t
Well, since I'm new to this side of things and I never thought to ask my doctor this question, I'll ask all you mechanical valve owners. Does my new St. Judes
mechanical valve have to click or tick? Mine makes no noise whatsoever. For the first two or three days after coming home, I could feel my heartbeat in the back of my head and around my ears, but that has now gone away. So many people make comments about the clicking, just want to see if no sound is also normal?
Midge

Midge, I have two St. Jude mechanical valves (AV&MV) and to my surpirse too, since I was worried about the noise before the surgery, I did not hear anything...a young nurse surprising heard it when she was checking my vitals, but no one else...not even me. Right after surgery, I too heard the beats in my ears and the 'thump thump thump' which went away after a month or so. Now, I have to really try hard to turn my neck toward the left when I sleep in order to hear it,,,it is a very faint noise and I love it.:) But other than that, I do not hear it.

May I suggest that you update the personal info about you since you had the surgery and mention the date to be of help to others who have not read your previous posts...or can update/add a signature with such info.

Noise

Noise

Hi Midge,

The sounds artificial valves make is really individual and involves body acoustics. It varies from individual to individual and often varies with individuals. Sometimes I hear my St Jude valve very clearly and at other times I don't notice it making noise at all.

-Philip

Back