no blood thinners for me???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Bina. Something just doesn't add up here.
My discharge papers listed two RXes -- for a BP med (30 days) and for Coumadin. I also had a lot of instructions about the Coumadin, since I was new to anticoagulation meds -- and when to have my first INR test after discharge. The papers also instructed me to get a BP monitor, to take my temp BID for a couple of weeks, to weigh daily, etc. I wasn't just handed the papers -- someone went over them with me, and then gave them to me, after I signed that I had received them.
My surgeon's office filed paperwork with St. Jude, which sent me a plastic card for my wallet. I carry it in the same area I keep my medical and dental insurance cards, AARP and AAA, etc., cards.

Let us know what you learned from a cardiologist. If you have not seen a cardiologist, I would go to the closest emergency room or "doc in a box" IMMEDIATELY.

There is something very KOFUSING on your story!!!!!

Do you mean 'confusing?'

If this guy is for real--and he's gone this long with no anticoagulation--I wonder if rushing to a local E.R. is really necessary. He can probably take his time and saunter into a doctor, and still be OK. (Of course, luck can run out at any time)

Well since Phillip has not returned to the site in a few days, either he was mistaken on which valve he received, he has been pulling our legs, or he decided he wanted to roll the dice and suffer a life altering event. I wish him well.

Just a thought here for our original poster. You may have already had a stroke. You seem to be missing a very important bit of your life's information here. Are you "missing" other critical parts of your memory? Do you have any other people in your life that may be of help?

Latest posts

Back