news about amber1111

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

I've been keeping in contact with Amber. She has traveled from UAE to India for mitral valve surgery. (hoping for a repair via porthole incision) She has evaluations and final decision on Tuesday.

She'll be away from her young children for 3-4 weeks.

Let's keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I'll pass along any news.

Marcia

I see she chose to go without her family. Wasn't she deciding which way would be better?

Thank you for letting us know she is 'on her way over the mountain'.
Please send Amber all my best wishes for successful surgery and rapid, bump free recovery and she return to her family as soon as possible.

Pleaes keep us updated.

Let her know one of us is very impressed she can even think straight enough to get that set up...just last week I had a shot at something somewhat exotic and took it, along with the stupid feeling like vomiting whichMust be my middle name...just the thought of it and, off I go!!! They took the cat out a little early to stop the sensation of no barfing...."barfing"... But can't say I got much relief! But I just TRIED to throwvup and THAT. was a nogo, too but it did make me feel better drank some hot milk- then really did feel better GOOD actually!
Look how you help and now IM better! Thanks. All the best for you!!!!!! Michellemar

Dearest All, and special regards to Marcia who has been an angel behind me thru all this!

well, as of now, i am 7 days post op sitting in a nice hotel room recovering in Guragoan India!

i had my surgery, port hole, mitral tissue valve replacement on the 20th of May 2011. (was supposed to be repair but on table doc opted for replacement)

i cant say it has been easy. all the way from the start. as you all know, my kids are so small, my daughter just 10months>>>>

i chose to leave them behind as i thought that would be the least disturbing way for them to carry on with their lives....go to school all day, go to their own neighbourhoud park, sleep in their own beds and eat food that they are used to :)

they have been ok. i skyped with my son from India everyday (except the 3 days that i was out of order in the ICU:), but it certainly helped us all i think being able to talk like that everyday.

post op was ofcourse terrible! as i read somwhere, when you wake up it feels like you hav been hit by a fast speed train. Well, yes its true! that is exactly how it feels. but great support from my incredble husband, the loving voice of my son every day and overall suppport and prayers from family and friends have been great help, and have no doubt helped me recover faster.

i am recovering now. getting in and out of bed is still hell and God bless pain killers.

and Thank god for this new chance at life and advances in medical technology that have led to such cures, and advances in IT tecnhology so that we can all be friends whilst so far apart.

as for sugery and care, i would recommend Dr Niresh Trehan and Medanta the Medicity Guragaon India anyday. my experience hass been great with the care, the hospital the staff and services etc etc, all across great hospital. if you would like to know more about this place feel free to contact me at anytime and i can recommend you names there who can help coordinate care.

my love to all

thank you for being there, it made a big difference :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I am just three days ahead of you (surgery on May 17th; mitral valve replacement, mechanical) so know just what you are going through.

It is nice to get home so I hope you don't have to wait too long to be back with your family. It does seem to get a little easier every day. :)

amber1111
Thank you for your update.....so glad you have had a wonderful medical team and the loving support of your husband. Wishing you a speedy, bump-free recovery..it does get better...life is good :)
Renee

So good to hear from you and particularly that you are into your recovery and seem to be doing well.
Before you know it, you'll be on your way home to your beloved family.
All best wishes.

Happy healing, Amber! My husband Derek is in post-op day 3, and it definitely has been a roller coaster... but our friends on this site are angels, and they help us get through it all.

Please keep us updated!
~Jen

hi amber
i m mani knt from u.p(lucknow) 24 year old .actually i requerd dvr(duble volve replacement) in this month(july).i m going for asian heart (mumbai) by dr.panda.......pls suggest me which is the best hospital for me n i also hear that dr. trehan is not doing any operation but he is present in ot and his dr.s perform the operation under the guidense of dr.trehan pls suggest me as soon as possible

Latest posts

Back