Newbie has a date...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to type YOUR message to me! I will share some of my tales with you in time. I am getting the red car in my avatar ready, for a World of Wheels show here in KC. So my time is limited through next Sunday. I will post up again soon.

Thanks to you all...

Steve :)

Hey Steve, I don't think you told us what your having done on the 6th??
Tell us more--- Hey how was you car show?? Debbie :)

Hi Debbie,

During my consulation, my doctor told me that, he believes that he will be able to repair my mitral valve after looking over all of my tests, my age, and listening to it. I am having the cath procedure done the day before the actual valve surgery...and I hope he performs a repair rather than a replacement. I also hope that I can bring a laptop to the hospital so that I can post about any other "findings" too.
I am 51, and single and work in the hospital construction industry as a Union Pipefitter. Many things have befallen me, as far as my health is concerned...and each time I have been able to fully recover from. I hope that this is no different...

Most that I have met...never would have know, that I have had a heart attack approx. 6 years ago, a kidney removed, because of a cancerous tumor, and a stroke 3 years ago. All of this is attributed to, what I call "bad genes". I feel fine, except a slow progression of fatique, which this heart operation hopefully will help with...:eek:

As far as the car...the car show is Fri.-Sun. of next week, and this is my "thing" that I do...it takes a couple of weeks to prepare a car to be in a top level indoor car show. This Corvette is modified quite a bit, and has done pretty well in the shows that I have attended. Thanks for asking Debbie!

Have a Quality Saturday!

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum, glad you don't have a very long wait, wishing you all the best with your surgery.

Welocme to VR, Steve. Keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes,

Jim

Hello and welcome, Steve! You sound upbeat and busy. It's great that you've found a surgeon you have such confidence in.

(If you do spend more time on the forum, check out this thread: http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29337&highlight=signature. Especially if you have questions, it helps others to know a little about your valve situation.)

Welcome Steve and hello,glad you have your date and
soon you can post how well things went for you.
waitings mostly hard with this whole thing,was for me
so glad your wait is short.

zipper2 (DEB)

Hi Steve,
I also would like to welcome you to this group. So, now that you have your date with the surgeon, seems it is time for you to take so long (fast) drives in that fast hot car of yours (actually I'm truly jealous).
Anyway, keep us posted and don't forget you can always come on here and just yak if you like to pass the time.:)

Better late than never.
Welcome aboard Steve, don't be shy. I agree with what Chris said "come here and yak" oh and of course to ask questions ;)

It is wonderful, for all of you to welcome me in..;)..Thank You so much!

Congrats on the date, same as mine btw.

Good Luck Dyna...I'm sure that I will be thinking of you too!

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the Forum! Are you in KC now? The only reason I ask is that I grew up in MO - down south in Joplin. Best of luck on your surgery.

Randy

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the Forum! Are you in KC now? The only reason I ask is that I grew up in MO - down south in Joplin. Best of luck on your surgery.

Randy

Hello Randy,

Yes, I live in Blue Springs, which is 30 minutes east of KC. I can't wait...spring is great in Missouri...as you know.
It's nice to make the aquaintance Randy, and Thanks for stopping by to welcome me in to the group here!

Welcome Steve!

It's a good thing your not going to *the other* med center...they damn near killed me from lack of oversight!

The Best,
RF

Steve about this "I also hope that I can bring a laptop to the hospital so that I can post about any other "findings" too."

I wanted to suggest when Justin had surgery at the hospital before every room was wired for computers, we would just sign up for one of those trial period dial up accounts and unplug the phone in his hosp room when we wanted to go online and plug the laptop there(we take both kind of cords phone jack on comp) then when he was home for a while we would cancel the free account.

Steve about this "I also hope that I can bring a laptop to the hospital so that I can post about any other "findings" too."

I wanted to suggest when Justin had surgery at the hospital before every room was wired for computers, we would just sign up for one of those trial period dial up accounts and unplug the phone in his hosp room when we wanted to go online and plug the laptop there(we take both kind of cords phone jack on comp) then when he was home for a while we would cancel the free account.

Thanks Lyn...I'll have to check on that for sure!

Hey KC! Greetings from Louisburg, KS! I wish my mom had her surgery at Lukes-mom had hers at Menorah, but it went fine. Best wishes to you!!! Deb:)

Back