New Valve in the family!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinmaker

I've been gone for the last couple of weeks. My 87 year old dad had a heart attack two weeks ago tonight. I flew home the next morning and three days after his heart attack, Dad had OHS. He had 6, that's right, 6 bypasses AND his aortic valve replaced! He has done wonderfully! He was home a week after his surgery. His surgeon was Dr. Sam Pollack at Baptist East Hospital in Louisville. My dad and mom have always taken care of themselves. They go to their doctor for checkups every three months. They eat healthy...low fat, low sodium, and they watch their cholesterol. Go figure. My dad has been my mom's caregiver for several years because she has dementia. She is 88. They have been living in their own home, but we hope now they will go into assisted living. Anyway, we are blessed that Dad has come through this so well. By the way, he got a porcine valve. We have started oinking at him. He doesn't use a computer but I'll keep you posted on how he comes along. LINDA

Linda, I'm sorry your Dad had to go through all of that but am glad to hear that he is doing so well. It gives hope to me as a fellow oinker that when I get older and need another surgery, I will be able to come out ok on the other side.

Kim

WOW! I am amazed! Most people that age go to a rehab facility. Good for him! I do hope they consider an assisted living arangement now, or get someone in to help. Best of luck to all of you.

I'm glad his avr turned out fine . . . you'll have to try and match his record.;)

I am so glad all turned out with your Dad, Wow 6 bypasses and an AVR...Amazing!!! Please tell him I'm thinking about him during his recovery. If I would have gotten the tissue instead of mechanical I would of picked the pig valve as well for obvious reasons, LOL!!

Hi Linda,

Sorry your dad and family had to go through this but what an encouraging story. Happy to hear he is doing so well.

Latest posts

Back