New to the Throwdown - Tell me more

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWildflower

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello everyone! I think I have found where I need to be. I'm not sure what the throwdown in this context means.... like a challenge or something? And Cooker you seem to be quite a character.

Anyway sounds like a fun group and where I need to be. I am looking at AVR in the near future. I thought maybe 2 to 3 months, but heart cath shows a little better picture than echo., so instead of being severe I am now borderline severe. My cardio sent a surgeon to stop by while I was 'playing possum' in recovery, and the first thing out of his mouth, maybe before even introducing himself was, 'Dr. Smith (my cardio) probably thinks I'm in here talking about scheduling surgery but instead I want you to continue to see him once a month and lose 40 lbs. ' Making it sound like it is a walk in the park! :p. Little does this man know but I've been tryng to lose 40 lbs for the last 10 years now and probably have lost hundreds of pounds - just the same 10 over and over. I know this will lessen the risk and hasten the recovery, so I am committed to doing it.

I started dieting with a vengenance on Monday and have checked off four perfect days of staying on target. I even snuck in my salad to the movie theater this evening, so I would not feel deprived of popcorn and I had to eat dinner anyway. No one blinked an eye, but it was dark in there. Good thing women can carry such big purses. By the way, I highly recommend the movie Julie&Julia - it is just soooooo much fun - hilarious! WARNNG though - it has some gorgeous pictures of food and cooking with pounds of butter. !!:eek: The scenes and cinematography of Paris are tres magnifique!

So, my mission is to get rid of these 40 lbs that have been haunting me forever, get the surgery done and get on with my life. I have too many places to see and people to visit. I'm hoping this group will help me in that goal or at least hold me accountable.I cannot get my heart rate above 100 per Dr.'s orders, so that limits my exercise a bit, but as a regular mall walker, I was happy to find out today that I can manage that without too much trouble. I bought a heart rate monitor and just keep an eye on it, slowing down when I need to. My wallking group seems happy to keep with my pace and that is nice of them. I had to put a hold on my Curves gym workout, and I hate that. It was a huge stress reliever for me. I might be fat, but at least it is fit fat! I hope I can keep physically fit with such limitations on exercise.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to say Hi, give you some background and let you know that I'll be joining in the 'fun'. I'm sure I'll figure out how it all flows as I get going. Good to know we are all in the same boat and no one else can understand it unless you've been there.

Rhena

Rhena ... welcome and we are glad to have you join in the ThrowDown ... it is a group of us who are trying to lose or maintain ... it can be loads of fun and there is strength in numbers .... my Character days have been put on hold for a undetermined time but I will keep the ThrowDown going .... Good luck in your weight loss journey!!!!

Just post to the weekly thread as much or as little information as you want:)

Latest posts

Back