new to site

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shirley Dickey

Hello my name is Shirley and I am 41. I have congenital heart valve disorder.
I had my 2nd OHS 1 month ago and seem to be very emotional this time around :frown2:,
I came across this site and was amazed at how many people has been thru OHS.
After reading post it made me feel better :) so I decided to join and post my story.
I had a double cornary bypass and a ON-X mechanical mitrial valve replacement 33 days ago.
This is my 2nd OHS , 1st time was 2 years ago with a aortic valve replacement ( human tissue)which created the problems with my cornary's and mitrial..
The second time around feels more painful than the 1st surgery they say that is normal since I was in surgery for 11 hours and had major complications (resusitaed 20 minutes after being in cvicu) ,I dont remember the 1st 4 days post-op.
I am really nervous about the coumadian that I now have to take, I am due to start cardiac rehab in 2 weeks.
I have several other issues I believe are associated with long surgery , but I try to positive everyday and am very Thankful and Happy to be here today , but some days are harder physically/emotionally than other days...
Thanks for reading my post and I wish everyone the best of health and speedy recoveries and to all who has had not had OHS , please please DO NOT be afraid to ask all the questions you can so that you can understand what is happening to YOUR body.... May God BLess All and Have a WONDERFUL day :)

Hi Shirley and welcome. Please don't be nervous about the coumadian/warfarin it won't help with your recovery.

There are many threads about warfarin, but mostly, don't change your diet, just adjust the amount of warfarin you are taking and take it about the same time everyday.

The dosage your taking now will probably change slightly as your recovery progresses, but don't fret, we're here to answer your questions.

Glad to have you aboard.

Back