New Tea and coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

A new green tea is being test marketed here in Rochester, Buffalo and a few other cities around the country. It is called Brassica. The tea contains "sgs" which is short for sulforaphane glucosinolate the same phytochemicals found in broccoli and broccoli sprouts. It was researched by scientists at Johns Hopkins Univ School of Medicine. They believe that sgs boosts the body's own defense systems. The info on the tea box says: "this includes Phase 2 detoxification enzymes, which promote long-lasting antioxidant and essential cellular processes that inactivate free radicals". I called their 800 # to find out if the tea contains Vit K and they told me that they did a lot of research on that and that their tests indicate minimal amounts of Vit K - just about the same amount as you would find in a regular green tea bag. There is a slight broccoli taste at first but then you hardly notice it. If anyone wants to call them their # is 866-747-0001. They also have a website: www.brassica.com

Sounds like a product I would be willing to try if not on the Coumadin.

If you try it Sharon..... give us an update on your INR.
Before and afterwards :) That is if you are taking Coumadin. Just an assumpiton.;)

Thanks.

Tread carefully Sharon, I know it's going to affect your INR but just how much, I'm not sure. Please let us know.

tea and inr

tea and inr

Gina and Ross,

Yes, I am on coumadin since '97 avr. I have a protime. I never know when to test for food interactions - I understand about the coumadin taking 3 days to show up - but what about foods?

Sharon

I wondered about different herbal teas when I was trying out some products last summer. I started to drink a lot of tea drinks & watched my INR to see if it had effect. There was no effect from the drinks.

I would think that you would see a change with in 12 hours of taking something high in Vitamin K. How much of a change is what I don't know. Just be careful, that's all.

Latest posts

Back