new poll - a silly one

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Well, y'all, since Ross wrote about the awful drivers' license pictures, I have a new off the wall to put to you. I don't know when I have used mine last, but the one I recently used only rubbed that black stuff. The question is:

For those other than accountants, when is the last time you had occasion to use a pencil eraser? I haven't used one in years til recently. All my life, the good old pencil has been a necessity - but not anymore. Times, they are a'changin.:D

I had to smile a bit when I read your message about using an eraser, or even a pencil for that matter. I know what you mean, but luckily for me, I uses one everyday while teaching my beautiful 5 year old daughter how to write, and guess what? She loves the eraser!. It?s such a simple tool that we should not forget about.

It almost as good as ?spell check?................

I use one daily. I make so many mistakes in the checkbook that I don't use a pen in it, only pencil and the eraser sure gets its use.:)

eraserhead

eraserhead

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why isn't it #1?

A pencil without an eraser may as well just be a pen.

To err is human, but when the eraser wears out ahead of the pencil, you're really pushing it.

Weird

Weird

That's so funny that you mention this...I just had a dream lastnight that I was wrighting something in pencil and I kept making mistakes and was having to constantly erase them.

Monker, those were a couple I'll have to remember. ;)

dreamland

dreamland

Hi Bunny:

In your dream, was there a rabbit wearing a great big top hat running around saying "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date", plus alot of other really weird things goin' on?

Hmmm, probably just the Percocet. That stuff'll do that to ya.

By-the-way Bunny, you posted at what says is around 4:40 PM on
Saturday. I live close to you (Niagara Falls) and read your post at 2:00 PM on Saturday. Soooo, my question to the administrator is, does anybody really know what time it is?

I'm posting this at 2:16 PM EST.

Oh gosh-

I'm the eraser Queen. My profession, commercial interior design was a lot like architecture. So-

I love pencil erasers. I even bought the extra ones you put on top of the worn out one, in flashy colors.

I used to do tons of pencil drafting before the advent of AutoCad computer drafting which I then graduated to. I even have an electric eraser tool which takes 6 inch long eraser refills with all kinds of grit additives depending on what you're erasing. Plus I had several types of erasers for different softness of pencil leads, an eraser bag (which is a mesh bag filled with eraser dust) that's to use all over your floor plans to keep the tracing clean, because pencil dust makes the drawing dirty. I have, to this day, all that stuff, plus eraser guards so you can erase minute areas of drawings. I just love "Magic Rub" erasers by Castell, they erase the best.

Nowadays, since I'm retired, I use the pencil erasers for my "hospital" crossword puzzle books. I take the extra hard puzzles with me when Joe has to go in, to keep me from being bored to death. They require lots of erasing, LOL.

How's that for an answer? Is it more than you ever wanted to know about erasers? :D :D :D

Ummmmmmmmm. . . erasers

Ummmmmmmmm. . . erasers

Yeah, I admit it, I'm a bean counter. I use some of the same erasers Nancy mentioned, but mine aren't electric. . .

I also admit to using fountain pens even more than pencils. You remember them -- the kind that suck ink from a bottle? They're really neat to write with. Some of mine are 75 or 80 years old, too.

I'll bet my word processor boots up faster than yours does!

YES!

YES!

I'm a teacher ...pencils and erasers (or rubbers as we call them ..be good now) are like gold dust in my class room ..I rather think the children eat them
Scottie

Monker

Monker

There's always a lot of strange things going on in my dreams...unfortunately there was no rabbit in a top hat ;) I remember when I was on some medication (either Indapamide or Nadolol) I used to dream like crazy. Whew, I used to try and remember some of the freaky dreams I had, but when I tried to describe 'em, they just never made any sense to people and all I'd get were these strange looks, like I was on drugs or something. ha ha.

I can't remember what time I posted, however, it's now 11:19pm EST on Saturday if that helps.

There is a place somewhere on this board where you can go to set the time to your area, but I can't find it anymore. The original was set to GMT, and that's where Billy is - so most of us were 5 or more hours off, at least I was. But Hank or Ross will have to tell us where it is and you can go fix it if your time is showing up wrong.

Go into user control panel/edit options/time and date.

Date & Time Options
Start of the week
Please choose the day of the week on which weeks start in your culture. This is so your calendar appears correct to you. Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Time offset: