New Orleans Hotel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Hello all,

Please send me your votes for hotels in New Orleans this October..

I don't know much about New Orleans, but I would imagine that the French Quarter area is where we want to be.

Let me know in this thread, or by sending me a PM or Email.

Thanks,

Depends on what day you go. If it is on the weekend that will be during football season and after the games everyone goes to the French quarters. Don't expect to sleep much if you go that route. Let me know and I will try to get you some names. We usually stay right outside of town but thats us. While your there take a swamp tour. They are great.
Bobbie

Check with Mary. She had an excellent suggestion few blocks off the Quarter. Mary?Included free breakfast and cocktails I beleive.

Do you mean October, Hank?:)

The Drury Inn, about four blocks from the French Quarter, is offering a pretty good rate. Their price includes a hot breakfast and afternoon cocktails--free--but there is a $15 a day parking fee.:mad: They do have a swimming pool and hot tub on the roof which is a plus.:) The rate I asked for was using my AAA card, and I believe that might be cheaper than the group rate. Maybe you could use your powers of persuasion to bring the price down.:)

Janie has also found an interesting place you might want to consider. Janie?;)

I like both.

Though the idea of the "location" , breakfast, and comp cocktails, pool at the Drury is appealing.

I don't drink so I won't stay in the quarter myself. I prefer metarie or kenner near the airport. I go there often for work, actually scheduled for the 13th of May for a visit.

Depends on what day you go. If it is on the weekend that will be during football season and after the games everyone goes to the French quarters. Don't expect to sleep much if you go that route. Let me know and I will try to get you some names. We usually stay right outside of town but thats us. While your there take a swamp tour. They are great.

Bobbie

We took a swamp trip last time we were down that way and absolutely loved it!

I don't drink so I won't stay in the quarter myself. I prefer metarie or kenner near the airport. I go there often for work, actually scheduled for the 13th of May for a visit.

I don't drink either, but that doesn't preclude the FQ for us.:)

I meant I agree with Kenner, Metarie or near the airport. Even though the Saints may have a bye week if you stay on or near Bourbon street prepare for lots of noise. Not all, but most places you can hear the music and noise in the bars all night long. Chance you will have to take.
Either way you will have a blast. Voo Doo tour is great too if you like that sort of thing. The food is to die for
Bobie

Guys!!! I didn't take the time to read your posts.. sorry....

You really need to talk to our member Philip!!!!!! He is very happy that you will be coming to his town and believe me..... this gentleman knows all about New Orleans!!!!!

Perhaps Ross or Hank can send him an email??

If that doesn't get to him please PM me and I'll ask him to pop in to your thread.

Marguerite

I guess I need to visit VR.Com more frequently. Marguerite gave me a heads up on the New Orleans trip. I will be happy to do a little research on Hotels and share my views of where I would want to stay as a tourist in New Orleans. I will post before the end of the week.

While I'm here: Yesterday was my 3 year AVR anniversary. The last 2 years have been great and problem free!

I almost forgot; October 11 is a bye week for the Saints.

Philip

Below are examples of room rates for hotels that may be good choices for a tourist in New Orleans. All are located in or in short walking distance to the French Quarter.

The French Quarter has more to offer than Bourbon Street; there are many great restaurants, shops and galleries and is in close proximity to other attractions such as the Aquarium of the Americas, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, and D Day Museum etc.

The Omni Royal Orleans is the only property I have listed in the heart of the French Quarter although there are many others. The Westin and Iberville Suites are one block into the Quarter. There are many other options but I am somewhat familiar with these properties.

I think the Iberville Suites is the best value for the $. This is a Ritz-Carlton property with a post-Katrina renovation and guests have access to the attached Ritz-Carlton facilities.

I hope to meet all on your visit to New Orleans. My office is in the Quarter so if in the area during work hours come say hello. If I can provide additional info please email; I think that can be done from VR.com? If not I will visit the site more frequently and check for PMs

Hampton Inn - (Carondelet St.) 504-529-9990 $159 - $179

Holiday Inn Express - (Carondelet St.) 504-962-0800 $139 - $185

JW Marriot - (Canal St) 504-581-1000 $199 - $249

Westin - (Iberville St.) 504-566-7006 $219

Iberville Suites - (Iberville St.) 504-523-2400 $169 - $189

Omni Royal Orleans 504-529-5333 $229 - $249

Philip

FYI,

Thank you everyone for your input..

In the interest of keeping the decision making process under six months :), I have decided that I would just make the decision and take the credit and/or flack for it in October.

I have just booked a room at the Drury..

I looked at all of the suggestions and after much thought, have decided on the Hotel. It seems to be the best location for the most reasonable price.

While everyone can stay where they choose.. It's nice to have everyone together.

Here is the link...

https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/PropertyOverview.aspx?Property=0004

Lookin forward to it..

Hank
That is a good choice. I have stayed in that Drurry Inn. It is a nice hotel (as all Drury Inns are) It is a short 4 block walk to FQ and there is also 2 bus stops at the hotel that will take you there or where ever you want to go. We always say at a Drurry if one is available. They are owned by a Sikeston, MO family. Full breakfast, sausage, eggs, bis. & gravy, then there is ceral, fruit and oatmeal for those of us who want to eat heart healthy. If you are like me and have a nightly glass of red wine they give you 3 free drinks in the evening and have snack food sodas etc in the evening all part of the deal. Hopefully I will have my surgery and be recovered enough to come. Yes the swamp tour is great. There are also some great old home tours. Oak Alley (used in many movies )is close.

Hank
That is a good choice. I have stayed in that Drurry Inn. It is a nice hotel (as all Drury Inns are) It is a short 4 block walk to FQ and there is also 2 bus stops at the hotel that will take you there or where ever you want to go. We always say at a Drurry if one is available. They are owned by a Sikeston, MO family. Full breakfast, sausage, eggs, bis. & gravy, then there is ceral, fruit and oatmeal for those of us who want to eat heart healthy. If you are like me and have a nightly glass of red wine they give you 3 free drinks in the evening and have snack food sodas etc in the evening all part of the deal. Hopefully I will have my surgery and be recovered enough to come. Yes the swamp tour is great. There are also some great old home tours. Oak Alley (used in many movies )is close.

I agree with John's view of Drury hotels, but the Drury's are from Cape Girardeau!;):p Kelso to be more precise, but the business started here. The Drury brothers are a true American success story.

Mary you are right but family (there father) were famers from Kelso originally. My pardener and I when I was in the resturant business met with the Drury bys about putting a resturant in a building they owned by their motel. When I was introduced to them I was told they were from the Sikeston area. I guess because Kelso is so small they figured no one would know where it is. My pardner would not agree to serve alcohol so the deal fell through. The Gant family also were SE MO. farmers that went into motel business. Mostly Holiday Inns but they have not done quite as were as the Drurry boys.

Latest posts

Back