New Member - Valve replacement coming up in less than 2 weeks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samohtm

Just registered and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Matt and I'm going in for an aortic valve replacement with possible root repair in less than 2 weeks. I am happy to have found this forum, as just through browsing I have already gained much knowledge. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

I am happy to have found this forum, as just through browsing I have already gained much knowledge. Thanks.
I am also happy that I found this forum before my 2021 aortic valve surgery. It is really helpful to communicate with others who have been down our path. There is a wealth of personal experience and information shared here.

My name is Matt and I'm going in for an aortic valve replacement with possible root repair in less than 2 weeks. I am happy to have found this forum, as just through browsing I have already gained much knowledge. Thanks.
well, it is over and I am home.

I had open heart surgery for an aortic valve replacement on Dec. 29th. It was something I knew was coming...I had what they thought was a bicuspid valve that had stenosis/calcification and needed a possible root replacement; however, upon surgery they found it was actually unicuspid and never really closed. I did not need the root repair and after 9 days in the hospital I was released to go home.

Thanks again for the insight the forum has provided and the information I continue to glean moving forward.

Matt - It is wonderful that you are home! I'm 300 miles north of you, and just 4 months ahead of you on the recovery path. Please keep active in spite of the severe weather coming our way. Perhaps you can find a shopping mall or even a large box store where you can walk inside while the storms rage....

Good suggestion. Doing a treadmill in the gym works well when there is bad weather, but for those that don't like the gym scene, indoor malls can be a great way to get those daily walks in.
When I was a teenager recovering from open heart, I did a lot of mall walking. My folks had a rotation of family friends that would take turns driving me out to the mall for my walks. Me and the blue hairs strolling past the closed stores. The mall doors opened for that purpose an hour or two before any shops opened. But that was over 30 years ago now.

A few years ago I had several business trips to Nagoya, Japan. The hotel was attached to a GIANT basement shopping mall. Cool place to run for a couple miles in the early morning before anything was open. I still remember the smell of fresh fish as the stores and restaurants were being stocked.

Best advice is question ⁉ question. No matter the subject if you think of it ask the question. And relax.

Latest posts

Back