New member intro

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might want to have your kidney function checked as well, if this doesn't seem to bear fruit. SOB and swollen ankles can be related to narrowing of renal arteries. Might show up in a urine test as protein. HBP is another sign. However, you're not on meds for HBP, and your cholesterol is good, so this is further down the list somewhere.

Not the primary candidate, but if you don't find the villain elsewhere, it's another place to look.

Best wishes,

Tass,

Have you contacted anyone at the Texas Heart Institute (St. Lukes Hospital)? This is a Major Heart Center which is the kind of place you are most likely to find Cardiologists and Surgeons who know how to recognize and treat BAV and it's often associated Connective Tissue Issues.

Here are the names of a couple of Cardiologists there who refer to Surgeons who are familiar with the (relatively new - 1996) On-X Valve:

Reynolds Delgado MD 713 383 9300

Pranaz Loyalka MD 713 797 0180

Alternatively, you could call the Hospital / Texas Heart Institute and ask if they have a Physician Referal Service or check the Web Site for the Texas Heart Institute.

I expect the physicians at THI would take your symptoms seriously!

Thanks for the names. I am just beginning the 'release of records' run-around with Kelsey Seybold.

Tass

Welcome.......You came to the right place.......Sadly I didn`t find this place till the so called coumadin expects had me doing the yo-yo dance........

I certainly don't mean you're ready for a heart attack, but you have symptoms and the test results so far are quite vague for the symptoms.

Do remember that cholesterol just relates to a higher percentage risk, not all risk. It can be a sign, but not having high cholesterol doesn't mean you're home free. Lots of people who have high cholesterol never have blockages or heart attacks, and plenty of people with perfect numbers do have heart attacks.

I agree that you should continue your search for answers. I don't think the valve issue is enough to give you these problems by itself, unless they are incredibly off or they're missing readings from other affected valves.

Good hunting,

I certainly don't mean you're ready for a heart attack, but you have symptoms and the test results so far are quite vague for the symptoms.

Do remember that cholesterol just relates to a higher percentage risk, not all risk. It can be a sign, but not having high cholesterol doesn't mean you're home free. Lots of people who have high cholesterol never have blockages or heart attacks, and plenty of people with perfect numbers do have heart attacks.

I agree that you should continue your search for answers. I don't think the valve issue is enough to give you these problems by itself, unless they are incredibly off or they're missing readings from other affected valves.

Good hunting,

Along with Bob's comments Have any of your docs suggested it, (your symptons) might be related to something besides your heart? Both elevated CRP (sign of inflamation somewhere) and mild edema can be caused by quite a few different things.

edema issues

edema issues

So far i've not found one doctor who really seems to care what is causing the edema. All have just said 'i don't know' and deal with it. That said, not one has done a urinalysis (I did ask but was told it wasn't necessary). I'll push it harder with the 2nd opinion doc.

I'm gathering as much info as possible before the next visit.

Tass

Latest posts

Back