new here

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybravelittleman

I am writing on behalf of my son. He is 8 years old and had his third open heart surgery on April 27, 2011. He had a redo mitral valve replacement (St. Jude). He amazes us with how well he is doing. MY questions is if anyone has suffered from headaches post surgery. His chest is not hurting at all the only complaint he has is headaches. He is taking lasix once a day for one more week and takes coumadin. He has taken coumadin since he was 9 months old with his first valve replacement.

I appreciate any comments.

littleman,

I'm sorry to hear about your young son and his problems. I had terrible headaches for about a month after surgery. They came about twice a day for a few weeks and less after that. They ended totally after about a month. I didn't take any pain relief but caffeine helped a lot until I developed afib and I stopped that too. The best relief I found otherwise was to have my wife stand behind me while I was seated and stretch my spine by lifting my head gently with her hands.

The headaches were almost unbearable and my wife was an angel with her shoulder and back massages.

I wish I had something better for you.

Latest posts

Back