New here... upcoming surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Barb,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, sorry i cant help with the questions you asked i live in the UK and have a different heart condition, but here on the forum you will certainly get the help and advice you want, they are a great bunch of guys who will be here for you every step of the way.
Take Care and welcome aboard again
Jane

While you might have thought that you had a few more years, it's important to remember that now days, they like to get it taken care of before anything major happens to you. Best of luck to you.

I really thought I had several more years before I would be facing this. I'm still trying to accept the whole thing. We have a large family including of course my son with special needs. I desperately feel like I need and want to be around for him for a very long time. I also fear what recovery will be like with my little guy who is used to climbing up on my lap and generally needs a lot of pysical care. Of course I will have help since I know I won't be able to lift him but the whole thing seems impossible right now.
Barb

Welcome aboard, Barb,

You are lucky you discovered this now, while you are strong and young and healthy. Get over with it and the sooner the better so that you can recover quickly and be there for, hopefully, many long healthy and happy years for your family and enjoy your children and be there for them.

My humble recommendation for now is to play with your child without adding strenuous effort on your heart until the surgery. And after the surgery, definitely you can not lift anything over 10-15 lbs for six weeks and you may ask your surgeon to give you specific instructions about this lifting just for you.

Have peace and hope that all will be fine. Will pray for you and for your son.:)

Latest posts

Back