New Englanders here?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ladyblue

We're from EASTERN Long Island, but spend lots of time up in Maine.....usually in September after the touristos have gone home. We love it. Have friends in York and Wells. I guess we qualify for New Englanders, yes?????

Evelyn

EVELYN said:
I guess we qualify for New Englanders, yes?????

Evelyn

Yup!

I will be in York for a wedding on wednesday night! :D After the tourists go is the really the best time to enjoy the beaches I think...;) Sometimes I am AMAZED that I have one almost entirely to myself!! :D I love Ogunquit beach! I like Kennebunk, too, especially after the Bush's have cleared out...;) ( nah, they don't bother me. I drove a friend from Sweden once to the road near the Bush compound and we saw Babs out walking in the yard with some little doggies!! Paap Bush has a little boat he takes out and fishes as well. A Bush "sighting" is kind of a sport here. The Bush seniors vacation there and not the current prez. )

traumahob...with a son in Nashua, you qualify as an honorary New Englander! ;)

Hi LB,
Funny you should mention Long Beach. We consider that "our" beach. My husband spent the summers there and introduced me to it our first summer together in 1974 - as a matter of fact that is when and where he proposed to me. SO it is very special to us. :) We often "daydream" that when we retire we will buy a little place in Rockport to spend the summers and winter in Florida. I could sit on the bench at the end of Bearskin Neck for hours on end - love to watch the sunset from there! Spend time in Gloucester as well during our vacation - especially love Virgilios the little Italian deli/bakery near St.Peter's Club by the docks. great Italian bread!

Ogunquit is our next favorite beach!

Ohhh I wish it was vacation time......

Susie, Oh that is such a romantic story! Long Beach is a special place, I try not to let too many folks in on it...let then go to Good Harbor Beach instead! I love the little cottages that are on Long Beach...I have looked into them as well. They are sweet. My ex and I spent a lot of time on LB.

Gloucester is a very special place too. The fishing industry has pretty much dried up there and the up and coming corporate people are snatching up the real estate there and completely changing the face of it. I do love thier harbour fest and yacht racing events! :D It's a great town.

Looks like that if we wanted to have a New England gathering, Rockport could be the place! :D

New England

New England

Hello there Blue, I was born in Boston, childhood in Weston, and have lived in Watertown and Newton since I was 18. Have lived in Newton Corner for about 23 years. Love tthe convenience of being so close to Boston. If I could, I would live either in Westport, (next to Tiverton) or perhaps Newburyport. Plum Island is one of my very favorite places. I usually spend Mother's day birding with my best friend, his wife, and daughter at the refuge. Those are my kind of boardwalks! For some reason, Westport is the only place I've ever felt at home. Though I've never lived there more than a few months at a time. My family built a small house on the river in '84, and my mother is still there. The Allen's Pond Audobon Sanctuary is a heavenly place if you ever get to the area. Big plus down there is the water temps are a lot warmer. Watch out for Lyme disease though! It is an epidemic down there, and can be very dangerous if not treated promptly. Lots of places I'd like to go, but none I'd rather live in. Brian:)

BDMc,

I am from Newton, the Auburndale section. I just sold off my very small condo about a year and a half ago to move to NBRT. I like it here in the summer, but the winters are a bit dull. I may actually move back to Newton when real estate prices get to be a little more normal around here. Not that NBRT was cheap, but I got much more house for my dollar, and I am very fussy about what kind of house I live in. ;) The singles scene here is a dead as it gets tho. I thought NBRT would be a live and kicking town with lots of hip places to meet other singles ( like Portsmouth, NH). It's beeeeyoooooteeeeeful, and family life here reigns supreme! :D

I love the beach and the refuge here as well. The refuge is a great place for a bike ride as well. Maudsley park in West Newbury is really nice as well.

LB

Lady Blue, Rhode Isalnd is a New England state, albeit a southern one, after all. My grandparents had a summer home in Bethlem NH, so for all I can remember I spent summers there AYUH!. In Little Rhody we have our own bits of local culture like, Dels, cabinets, coffee milk, stuffies and clear chowda.Lots of lighthouses too.:D Deb

Hi Lady Blue,

I am (like Nancy and Joe) almost a New Englander as we live in upstate NY near Albany. But we love to visit NE.....one of my favorite places is Ogunquit after everyone else has gone. We love the beach and the cliff walk and the cute restaurants (those that remain open).

Also have enjoyed Rockport....a lovely place, and the cape of course, but the traffic makes it less desirable unless we go off season also.

Sounds like you could write a wonderful travel book for your part of the world!

I'm a NE wannabe - lived in Oswego, NY for years, and we traveled through your neck of the woods a lot. Skiing in VT, camping in most of them. If we were to have a reunion out there I'd be there in a shot. Start campaigning for it.

Hi NewEnglanders !

I grewup in Boston, the Hyde Park area, and attended High School there. I then moved to Stoughton, finished my high school senoir year there, and attended Bridgewater College. I also lived in Plymouth for awhile during my college days.

I spend time in Maine, as I own some property right near Sebago Lake, in the Naples / Bridgton area.

Now that I live in Nashville, I only go up a few times a year. I still stay connected to the water though. I stay on my cruiser during the weekends on a beautiful 65 mile long lake only an hours drive from my house.

Cape Cod Beaches, the Maine Coast, Streamers, Maine Lobster, cherrystone clams, and "real" bay scallops from Falmouth....tops my list of NE!

Rob

Latest posts

Back