New aortic valve in seven days

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Danahy

Surgery is scheduled for next week now the nervousness set's in.
It's finally real all the decisions are made no more details to occupy my thoughts so the mind has a tendency to wonder and think about things it would really be better left Un thought.
Don't get me wrong I'm very positive and upbeat about my upcoming surgery. It's been a lot of thinking, planning and decision making. That consumes you during the process. With all that planning complete it's almost like there is a void in life waiting for the day to come.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

It sounds like you're in a good place mentally and indeed a familiar one. I was in your position 2 weeks ago. I found the week before tough in many ways but was able to keep myself distracted until 1-2 days before. Then I felt I was literally waiting to get into the car to go. Be easy on yourself this week. Do things you enjoy

Thanks I plan on doing dinner with my extended family and a three day fishing trip that will take up five of the seven days including travel time don't have any plans for the other two

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Ron - That sounds like a great plan. Being a "type-A" person myself, I worked up until about a day before surgery.

What works for each of us is best. We'll be here awaiting your triumphant return.

Surgery is scheduled for next week now the nervousness set's in.
It's finally real all the decisions are made no more details to occupy my thoughts so the mind has a tendency to wonder and think about things it would really be better left Un thought.
Don't get me wrong I'm very positive and upbeat about my upcoming surgery. It's been a lot of thinking, planning and decision making. That consumes you during the process. With all that planning complete it's almost like there is a void in life waiting for the day to come.

Headlong, into the fray!

You'll do well. I can't wait to hear your updates from the "other side".

Hello Ron,

Good luck to you ! Waiting is hard, so the surgery date will bring relief I think.

Take good care of yourself, and I hope to hear from you soon here.

Melissa

Back