Nervous about check-up tomorrow.......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

As some of you may remember; Cleveland Clinic discovered another aneurysm in my ascending aorta in 2005 which we began to watch on a six month basis. Last year in July they decided it had stabilized and was no longer changing in size and my cardio wanted to wait a year to look again. (I didn't...I wanted to look again in six months....insurance wouldn't agree) So here I am one day away from the CT scan and check-up that was a year in the waiting. Was easy to wait until a few days ago; It is all that has been on my mind for some time.

My BP has been fairly good most of the year (other than a few weeks earlier this year when I had some major life issue's to deal with) During that time when my BP was high, I contacted my cardio and had him prescribe additional BP meds to help lower the pressure. It is back under control yet; I am more nervous about this appointment tomorrow than I have been in years. I don't even want to check my BP now....I am sure it is high with the trepidation I have about the CT and subsequent results.

Sorry to sound so whiney; just needing to vent a bit to folks who would understand how I am feeling. Hoping that the venting will help calm me a bit.

God Bless and take care all....I will keep everyone posted on the outcome of the appointment.

Ben

I'm right there with ya Ben. My abdominal scan is coming up and I'm praying it's still only 3.6 and hasn't grown any. You've been through it so you know that waiting for these tests are as bad as waiting for surgery. Please do let us know the results.

To my favorite 6'.6" guy.......or is it 6'.7"?!?!?!

To my favorite 6'.6" guy.......or is it 6'.7"?!?!?!

Hey there Ben,
Just wanted to check in and be sure to wish you all the best tomorrow with your CT scan. Be thinking about you..

~~Janie

Thanks for the well wishes, yes waiting for the tests can be just as bad......

Hey there Ben,
Just wanted to check in and be sure to wish you all the best tomorrow with your CT scan. Be thinking about you..

~~Janie
Hey, my favorite Southern Belle....it's 6'6" to be correct; without boots on........I trust all is well with you. Take care of yourself Janie.

Ben

I totally understand your nervousness. Don't you wish it was just one of those things that ignoring it makes it go away?

Crossing my fingers for a stable report.

oh, Ben. Now I am nervous, too. We will be waiting to hear from you. Hope you get great news and can settle back down. Being edgy is not a good place to be. Wishing the very best.

Hi Ben,

Praying for you tomorrow...praying that you'll be able to heave a big sigh of relief and that the aneurysm will still be stable and no further dilation. It's a tough time...Chris always says that he feels his is on hold until the results are through.

Take care and we look forward to your post.

Yolanda

Best wishes

Best wishes

Ben,
Best wishes for a positive result tomorrow. I have your same MDs at CCF. You helped me in a prior email so wanted to wish you peace and good results tomorrow.

I also may consider the Ross as am 38, BAV, mildly enlarged heart, aorta 3.6, mod-severe aortic regurg, mild mitral and tricuspid regurg. Will decide later on.

Rick

Thanks all....I have settled down tonight.....have been able to get my mind off of it and rready to sit down and watch some TV and head for bed in a bit.

God BlessEach of you!!

Ben

Ben,
I sure hope things turn out OK for you.
Thank goodness you are staying on top of this.
I have lost more than one close friend due to this condition and I sure don't want to lose any more.
I guess it's getting time for another test for me as well.
Rich

Absolutely good luck on your check-up. I pray your condition remains stable.

Latest posts

Back