Need Source for ProTime Test Strips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALCapshaw2

I've run out of test strips for my Protime 2 Monitor (upgraded to Protime 3 software).

I thought 'Protimenow' had provided a list of (low cost) sources but can't seem to find it.

Any help?

'AL'

Al -- I've bought from a medical supply company in the past, but I know that there's a company on eBay that, if I recall correctly, sells 25 strips for $135 or $150 or so. As long as the expiration date is far enough ahead, you should be okay with strips from this medical supply company.

I'm not sure where the list of low cost suppliers has gone - but you should do pretty well with one of the suppliers on eBay.

The supplier from which I got my last set of strips was a medical supply company -- I can look up their name, but I'm not sure they'll sell to an individual (and the $149 plus shipping on eBay is probably a few dollars less than I paid when shipping costs were added in).

Amazon

Amazon

I've run out of test strips for my Protime 2 Monitor (upgraded to Protime 3 software).

I thought 'Protimenow' had provided a list of (low cost) sources but can't seem to find it.

Any help?

'AL'

I get my strips now from Amazon- one click. No prescription rquired. Delivered in a couple of days. Only drawback is box has 48 strips but price a little over $4.00/ strip. Box has Alere as source. Very satisfactory since Alice and I both test every couple of weeks.

Marty:

If you're getting 48 strips, you are NOT getting ProTime strips. These are probably either CoaguChek or InRatio. The ProTime strips come in packages of 25.

I'm assuming that, since Al hasn't asked again, he was able to locate the 'cuvettes.' (For some reason (probably accuracy?), ProTime calls their strips Cuvettes. They include lancing devices that they call 'tenderlettes'. )

Marty:

If you're getting 48 strips, you are NOT getting ProTime strips. These are probably either CoaguChek or InRatio. The ProTime strips come in packages of 25.

I'm assuming that, since Al hasn't asked again, he was able to locate the 'cuvettes.' (For some reason (probably accuracy?), ProTime calls their strips Cuvettes. They include lancing devices that they call 'tenderlettes'. )
Sorry! Didn't notice Al was a Protime guy. My strips are for INRatio.

No problem. I'll be looking for another 48 strips at the end of the year, if I continue weekly testing.

I may be able to find them for slightly less than $4 a strip on eBay.

(One thing that another person on this forum mentioned is that the InRatio strips will still work up to a year after they 'expire.' The quality control built into the strips should obviate any concerns about testing with an expired strip. I have one or two that expired in July 2010 - I'm curious to see what happens when that year is up)

Latest posts

Back