Need some quick opinions before a procedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pictures made me mad too and I hope someone is held accountable. My middle son who is a big strong 22 yr old, had casts for club feet at the same age so I know a little of what you are going through. I hope Charlie heals quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and especially little Charlie.

Hi Mary,
I missed your thread when I was on earlier. I am so sorry to see what your sweet little grandson has gone through, poor baby. You will have lots of time now to question his ped card about the antibiotics. Andrew was given antibiotics prior to his tonsils & adenoids being removed, the card said that the mouth/throat is an especially dirty area and warranted the antibiotics. He was also premedicated for a lower GI scope, which again, is a dirty area. My Daniel (stable BAV) was not medicated for his tonsil/adenoid removal, but was given antibiotics for a laryngeal cyst removal when he was an infant. I can't figure it out, I just always call the cardiologist when they have to have something done! I hope little Charlie enjoyed his quick bath and heals quickly. Sending prayers.
Jen

Sorry to read this thread Mary,I hope he heals quickly and I will be
praying for him.I am sure they will be monitoring him very closely now.

I also hope the nurse acknowledges her fault and failure. She should
send you an apology in spite of legal consequences.

Karlynn-what a wonderful pediatrician,I wish they all were so wise.

awww...the poor little tacker...I do hope he gets to enjoy his bath...and that those sore legs are healed soon....poor little boy

Oh Mary, I feel so bad for Charlie and his parents. I will say a prayer for all of you and hope Charlie enjoyed his bath.

Update

Update

:mad:
Well, I'm steamed again.
We learned this morning that the tenotomy procedure, delayed previously due to the resident's faulty advice, is now on hold until March 30. That is a postponement of two months!:mad: Besides the associated pain and discomfort Charlie has felt wearing the casts an extra eight weeks, home health care now has to figure a way to deliver this month's RSV vaccine. Previously the casts were just a little lower, offering an inch of room on the top of the thigh, for the injection. But now they aren't.:mad: The vaccination is more important than the casts so I hope they find a way to administer it.:confused:

Oh Mary, God love his little soul. I would be finding the person that gave that advice and giving them a piece of my mind. Oooooh the mommy and grandmommy is coming out in me. I kept telling my docs that my son had something wrong with his brain, but they told me I was an overprotective mommy. Two weeks later he had a cerebral brain hemorrhage.

God Bless him.

I am very conservative and always take my antibiotics before any procedure.

Good Luck to that little angel. He'll be in my prayers.

When I had surgery for a herniated disk in 1984, I knew I had an MVP and knew I was supposed to have prophylactic antibiotics before dental procedures and abdominal surgery. However, I didn't want to take a chance, and I asked the doctor once at the hospital, and he said that a back operation is considered a "clean" operation and that I did not need antibiotics. I have a feeling it is the same thing for the feet. We know they put iodine all over the skin, and that's really where the bacteria is, so I have a feeling everything is O.K.

Mary,
I just found this update! I have been wondering how your sweet little Charlie has been doing. I am sorry to hear he has t have the casts on longer than expected. I will send out prayers that everything will be OK for him.

The poor little guy is home after another two days in the hospital. He contracted the rotavirus, then dehydrated so quickly they hospitalized him so they could keep him on IV's for 48 hours. He's home today but still suffering from the stomach cramps and diarhea that are the trademark of the virus.

We're crossing our fingers that he will have the tenotomy on March 29, wear the casts for three weeks, and then finally go into braces. The braces will allow independent movement of each leg so he should crawl on schedule, or so we hope!:)

Latest posts

Back