need reunion info

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mile high

I have scanned the threads and cannot find the info on the Golden reunion. It appears there is an agenda, a golf tournament and a friday night group dinner. In any case, can you direct me to the info on this.

Thanks

Hey,
Just sent you a PM.
Rain, who is the Chairperson will be posting the agenda soon. We do have a Friday Night Banquet and there is also a dinner on Thursday night and one on Saturday night.
I am not sure about the golf, and we are looking at touring the Coors Brewery and maybe a trip to the Red Rocks, but like I said, Rain will be posting the agenda soon.
If you are interesting in helping with the reunion just PM Rain.
Hope you can attend and looking forward to meeting you.
Take Care

Amen, Ross!

Amen, Ross!

Ross said:
Never underestimate the power of crazy people in large numbers! ;)

Just for you and all us crazies. . . . .

Ross,
Sorry I don?t get your crack.
Anyway, I don't think a brewery tour is congruent with a health related event. I was in Golden last year, its beautiful place right in the foot of the Rockies. You look down on Denver and Denver is a like high so the air is very thin. Which was good for me, made my heart work harder just like exercising. Buffalo Bill created a reserve there as he was afraid that the Bison were going extinct.
How about an organized healthy walking tour?
An agenda is important, topics while I read the Coumidin related posts on the board it is certainly not a number one agenda item for those of us with tissue valves. Thus I think the agenda needs to be balanced.
I snet my check in for a t- SHRIT yesterday - I think they look great.

Shine_on_Syd said:
Ross,
Sorry I don?t get your crack.
When these people have a reunion, all the stops are pulled. If you intend to go for a very serious thing, you'll be disappointed. They enjoy themselves and life in whatever way they can. It's a "Let your hair down" "Lets have fun" time and there is no stopping them. What I'm saying is, be prepared to be wild and free! ;)

Think of "family" reunion. It's not really intended to be an informative weekend, although it sounds like they've taken the opportunity to provide some of that since our fabulous Al Lodwick lives in CO. It is a celebration of friends who share a very serious health issue, but love life even more because of it.

I went to one of the dinners last year in Chicago. I had just joined a few months before. Even after a short time, my comment to my husband as we left was that it was like going to a family reunion of long lost relatives. If any of you are on the fence - GO! I'm very upset because I can't go this year. It falls right between 2 must-do weekends away from my church job and I can't justify being gone 3 Sundays in a row to my Personnel committee.

You don?t have to drink a beer to come to the reunion.....

You don?t have to drink a beer to come to the reunion.....

This isn?t like one of those events where you send big bucks up-front, then get bombarded with lots of seminars. You should think of this as more of a ?family? reunion. That?s how it started..... our only ?agenda? at that first reunion was to meet in person and have a good time. And that we did!! :D We've been doing the same thing every year since. If you come, you?ll have a great time. But... the BS you hear won?t be in seminars.... it?ll most likely be in Ms. Janie?s room.... :eek: :D

Don?t feel obligated to spend day and night with the ?group? either...if a Coors tour isn't up your alley... there's plenty others in Golden. Some people come and only pop in for the evening meals. That?s really about all there is to the agenda... what time?s dinner and where we eatin? :p

None the less..... I am attempting an agenda. I'll post it soon.

James,

I went to the reunion last year when I was about 7 weeks post-op. I also have my tickets and reservations for this year's as well.

As the others have said, this is very loosely organized and a chance for us all to spend some time together. It is a time to put voices and laughs with faces otherwise only seen in avatars. The learning and information sharing happens naturally by networking. Some amazing personal stories were shared in a bit more formal way at a group dinner last year and Hank gave us an overview and history of the development of this great site.

This year I so look forward to seeing some of my on-line family again and meeting new members. I also look forward to whatever Al L. shares with us. His advise has helped me keep things in perspective.

I look forward to meeting you at the "family reunion"!

Rain, is Janie coming this year? She and I go back to the e-mail days -- I hope she makes it. Betty, I'm psyched that you're coming too. This is going to be one cool weekend. (Karlynn, I wish you were able to make it too :( ) Rossman, a bunch of nekkid valve patients :eek: :eek: That's just too much for this brain to handle :D :D

Rain - Do you have an approximate number of VR.COM members and guests that you are expecting? I sure hope Hank ends up coming and I sure wish Ross could come. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone but noone will know me because I don't post my photo! Will we have name tags?

Sherry, I don?t really know if Janie is coming or not. I hope she does!! My smart aleck remark was only because we always seem to end up congregating in her room. :D

Susan, sure, we can make name tags. Wearing your vr.com t-shirt really helps too. :) Makes if much easier to spot a fellow valver. :)

As far as numbers go.... My best guess is around 50 people.

reunion

reunion

I wish we could make it this year, but too many other things going on. In regards to the name tags, it is rough wearing them when you are naked. Finding a good spot is really difficult.

Rain

Rain

Maybe in early Sept..you can post about how many valvers are coming? I want to send each of them a little gift..but need to know the #...Will mail them to Dave to pass out...Maybe, some day, I can make a reunion..but this year is out..due to my Russian Grandchildren coming. Hopefully by thanksgiving. :) :) Also, trying to plan a 90th Birthday party for Daddy in October. I know you are working hard for this to be one of the best reunions for VR. members. Also, Dave, but really don't know the others on the committie. :confused: :confused: Maybe you can post their names so we can thank them, too. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back