Need info asap waiting on dr call ? Hiatal hernia complications?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

Hello Ya'll
I've had a distended stomach & I guess bloating for several months. Now I nearly threw up after a heart dinner the following AM, & I have reflux (which i have never had)
I had a pericardial effusion which required a tamponade last june. This whole distention/bloating started a few months after. Could the tamponade caused or ecouraged an
already weakened diaphram to develop a hernia? Any one heard of this?

Hello Ya'll
I've had a distended stomach & I guess bloating for several months. Now I nearly threw up after a heart dinner the following AM, & I have reflux (which i have never had)I had a pericardial effusion which required a tamponade last june. This whole distention/bloating started a few months after. Could the tamponade caused or ecouraged an
already weakened diaphram to develop a hernia? Any one heard of this?
I have to wonder if your anti-anxiety meds, have any bearing

I am interested to see how this turns out for you. I had the tamponade in January and they did a pericardial Window, IE; an opening in pericardal so fluid does not accumulate. My stomache has been a little distended the last few weeks. I had low red blood cells, but last test a few weeks ago showed it has improved, so not sure bleeding issue. Doc had said the liter of fluid they took out during surgery was old blood. I had asked doc about fluid issue at last visit and he said it would drain into rest of body and be absorbed. He was not concerned.

Health wise it has not slowed me down and I am biking my 20 miles an evening with out a problem.

So, keep us informed please.

Could be lots of causes. If you are taking a beta blocker, these may make slight GERD/reflux get worse. That has happened to me. Several times I've had bloating bad enough to go to the doctor. Right now I'm taking Zantac (over-the-counter acid reducer) at my doctor's recommendation, along with another prescription med for severe abdominal cramping. These keep it 90% under control, so far.

Latest posts

Back