Need help to not go crazy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in with Ross...!! I too would love to see the pics.. :), here bride hunting really tough job, so we too would love to see what you folks are upto...

hope to see your night out pics soon...

My surgery is on Thursday - the same day that you are worried about learning of your MRI results. I think you're more nervous than I am, but I attribute that to the anti-anxiety meds that my GP prescribed... not any special bravery on my part.

Melissa - you've been through several OHSs. You've got the bravery thing worked out completely! Best of luck.

Red

Hey Melissa,

I'm right there with you, girl! :D Count me in as someone else who's always a basket case waiting for any test results. I'm even worse now that they're keeping track of the aneurysm.

Hope you had a fun night out with your friends. There have been some good suggestions here on how to blow off some steam and I hope you're taking them.

We'll all be rooting for you on Thursday so hope time flies until then.

Take care.

Cheers,
Michelle

My surgery is on Thursday - the same day that you are worried about learning of your MRI results. I think you're more nervous than I am, but I attribute that to the anti-anxiety meds that my GP prescribed... not any special bravery on my part.

Melissa - you've been through several OHSs. You've got the bravery thing worked out completely! Best of luck.

Red

Hi,

Just wanted to send you lots of good vibes for your surgery. I really wasn't too worried myself until the night before and then I completely broke down. However, I was soon given something to help me sleep and I calmed down. I've often wondered what it was they gave me that night and how I can get some more. :)

Hope all goes well.

Cheers,
Michelle

Melis, I hope you can find a stress reliever until you get your results. Maybe go to garage sales with your girls, stack up on old plates and have a smashing time. You can also go to a self defense class & beat up on the dummy.

I wish you the best in your hunt for stress relief.

Que Sera, Sera

Que Sera, Sera

Melissa,

These lines are from an old Doris Day song (really dates me, huh? :D)

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Sometimes we just have to wait for results in the medical realm. IN the meantime, punching those pillows sounds like a good idea. :)

Praying for the best possible outcome for you...

melissa: hang in there girlie. i like the plate breaking idea.. in fact i was thinking that before i read it because when i i traveled to greece we saw the waiters yelling "opa" and throwing plates and they were so happy! i say try it!- better yet, plan another girls night in for this week- say wednesday so you can sleep easier...and have every friend bring one plate and afew cocktails later...OPA! I also believe you will have your answer in the results. they will speak for themselves to your heart and your heart will know what to do about timing of kids. so try not to worry. it will all work out and you will have a family whenever the time is right. hugs. megan

Hi Melissa!

There were lots of good words of wisdom from the others. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending you a big hug! Perhaps, you could treat yourself to a little pampering this week. Why not book a massage, listen to some favourite music, go to a spa and definitely spend time with those you love! Keep busy! I feel for ya, girl. Soon enough the cardiologist will be able to help you with the decision re: preganancy etc. You may want to take some of this time to develop some concrete questions for the cardio. This may help also reduce some of the anxiety.
I wish I could be more help, but have to admit I am feeling much the same as you with my upcoming June 15 appt.

take care,

A big heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone here. You have all been so helpful, thoughtful and encouraging - honestly, it really helps.
I did go out with the girls and vent a little with them too (bottles of wine help with that) and then vented some more to my poor dear hubby when I got home. He just hugged me and listened and that was just what I needed.

Before the weekend, I exchanged emails with a girl whose blog I read while researching aneurysms and pregnancy, and she had some wonderful insight as well, as our situations are similar. Long story short, I will have to disagree with my cardio if he feels that pregnancy with an aneurysm is safe.

I'm feeling better this week, and will keep you all posted on the results. Thank you all for your kind words, suggestions (I too remember breaking plates in Greece, I wish that was socially acceptable here ;)) and your support.

3 more sleeps and then I'll know stuff! Yay!

Melissa

Before the weekend, I exchanged emails with a girl whose blog I read while researching aneurysms and pregnancy, and she had some wonderful insight as well, as our situations are similar. Long story short, I will have to disagree with my cardio if he feels that pregnancy with an aneurysm is safe.
Melissa

Melissa,

As I delve into this stuff, it seems like the doctors are always more comfortable having you walk around and do stuff with aneurysms. Too bad they can't experience this from the inside. Having an aneurysm is scary and I hate how they tell us that we can just go on living life until we reach their magic number! From the little I've read and seen about pregnancy and aneurysms, I agree with you.

I've had the docs saying I can run and exercise and I haven't been. Even though I feel fine, the idea of going for a run and putting that sort of pressure on my heart seems stupid.

Also, having seen my wife go through pregnancy and the strain of labor, my lay opinion would be not to put that strain on your aorta with an aneurysm.

Yep, agreed with you cbdheartman. I know that all docs seem to have different opinions, but even way back when I was still clueless (when I first found out about this) I thought it odd that my cardio would say that he would consider it 'low-risk' if the aneurysm had not grown further.

This girl Sarah had gotten pregnant with a 4.5 aneurysm and her high-risk OB-GYN advised her to terminate, as she didn't feel pregnancy was safe with aneurysm anywhere over 4.0 cm.
She would have had a C-section at 36 weeks - that is the earliest she could safely deliver, and the latest the docs felt comfortable letting her go with the aneurysm in her chest.

It's hard to sift through all the info, for sure. I'm just going with my gut, and my gut says that this thing needs to be fixed, end of story!

Hi melissa,
You wouldnt be normal if you didnt feel like this, its all part of it, just let it all out girl, dont keep it bottled up, try and keep busy till next week, i know it so hard, here i am trying to give you advice and did i listen to people NO, when they were trying to give me advice. I spent a lot of time iin tears but as my doc says its good to cry. But this is what the forums all about people been here for one another so dont ever feel like you have to say sorry for venting off.
My thoughts are with you,
take care
JANE

Back