Nashvilledave's Surgery Tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

You will be up early tomorrow to check in for your trip up the mountain path so just want you to know you have my prayers all the way. We will be waiting to know all is well with you. In meantime, know that many are standing with you - from VR. GODSPEED

Hello Dave

Our best wishes as you begin your journey over the mountain.....I will definitely put you in my prayers. Go with God, for he truly is there for you.

Evelyn

Hi Dave-

Tomorrow is your big day. Everything will be fine and you'll have your shiny new heart. Before you know it, you'll be up and walking around the hospital halls with your IVs in tow. I hope someone will post for you. We'll all be waiting to hear how things went.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dave,

Well tomorrow is your turn. Just wanted to know I and all your friends out here will be praying and pulling for you.

I trust your procedure will be a bit like mine. You just gotta relax as best you can and trust the surgeons, nurses and all the other folks to get you through. They are well trained and incredibly skilled at what they do.

Don?t be afraid to ask for pain pills and happy pills. Push the buttons on the morphine line. By the way takes about 5 min to kick in and you should time things they want to do with you with the five minute rule in mind. Also tell them that you want the foly catheter put in after you are knocked out. They told me the doctors want it in before they take you downstairs. I said no way, you wait and they did.

Make sure you tell them if you had any alcohol in the last 48 hours. I had a nice bottle of chardonnay and it is important they know this.

The last thing I remembered was the anesthesiologist talking to me. I told him I really want the trach out my throat as soon as possible, he said they would do everything they could in that regard. He then asked me if I had any additional questions and I said no just do a good job. Next thing I knew it was over, the tube was out and I was on the way to ICU. Whole process was about 2.5 hours.

So we will be thinking of you and praying for you. Go in there with a positive attitude and you will be fine.

Walter

Hi Dave.

Just want to wish you the best. You'll be in my prayers.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help since I live here in Nashville too. I never did get an e-mail from you. So I don't know how to reach you at St. Thomas. They are a great heart hospital. You'll be u great hands.

Rob

hi dave!
just wanted to let you know you'll be in our thoughts and our prayers tomorrow. before you know it, you will be well on your way to recovery and the worst will be behind you.
i hope someone will be able to post and let us know how you are.
all the best, sylvia

Blessings and lots of well wishes, Dave. I hope your journey over the mountain is short and relatively pain free....I know you'll be home and posting soon. You will be in my prayers.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back