My Wife

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlhudson

I would like for you all to say a pray for my wife, Chris E., to give her strength.

She has been the primary care giver for her parents for the past year. Then along came my surgery and now her 77 year old Mother has fallen twice in the past three weeks and broken her hip each time. Her Mother is in a Nursing Home, on a Skilled Nursing Floor, right now for recovery . Hopefully this will be temporary.

I don't know how she is still functioning with all she has been through. What I do know is how much I Love Her. I could not have gotten through what I went through with out her.

Thanks
:) :)

Prayers will certainly go out to her.

My wife has been with me through 2 surgeries in which things went terribly wrong and it didn't look like I was going to make it. She hung in there and fought for my life as hard as I did and in some respects, even more. She had to work, take care of kids, take care of home, and me. I'm positive that I wouldn't be around if it weren't for her keeping an eye on the medical staff at the hospitals. I can relate very well to what your saying. I'm glad they are as tough as they are. We are lucky to have them!

Terry,

I will definitely pray for her also. She sounds like a very special lady. My husband and I have been married for 37 years. Every time I think he can't possible be a better husband he finds a way to prove me wrong. Ross, I don't think there can possibly be a bigger blessing than to have a wonderful mate and I'm glad you too have one.

Betty(bvdr)

Hi Terry-

Your post was a wonderful tribute to your extraordinary wife. She will be in my prayers as well.

Sometimes life can be so overwhelming, it's hard to imagine that there will be hopeful things in the future. Help her to keep thinking ahead and to take it one step at a time. Major things are accomplished in tiny and steady steps.

You will be in my prayers as well, because difficulties affect everyone in the family.

God Bless.

Hey Terry,
We will most certainly pray for Chris and I agree that our spouses are a Great help when we are out of surgery and recovering. Where would we be without them!

Dave

Keep your fires small.

Prayers

Prayers

I will add your wife and her mother to my list also. She sounds like a wonderful person! It's wonderful to have a true soul mate. May the rest of your summer calm down.

Take care,

Prayers and good thoughts are on the way to your wife, her mother and you.

some of us are very lucky to have a loved one care for us during difficult times

and it is really nice to see you show your appreciation, I am sure she does it with love in her heart

Jan

Terry, I know how you feel - my hubby of 30 years (tomorrow) has been with me through cancer and ohs; and no gripes, complaints, or whining. He's a champ.

Best of luck and lots of prayers for your wife. Folks of our age tend to have a lot of this kind of thing (multiple generational caretaking).

I think it's a blessing that her mom is in the nursing home for a while - it gives her a breather.

Good luck, best wishes, and buy that gal something really nice - (something with diamonds is a good starting point!!!) ;)

Chris will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Life can be very overwhelming at times. We all need a shoulder to lean on now and then.... thankfully, your wife has you. That's at least part of why she is still functioning as well as she is. She's a lucky lady.

hi terry,
i just wanted to add to what the others said. your lovely wife will be in our thoughts and prayers.
it must feel so overwhelming to the both of you. joey's parents are getting older and although they live a mile away, they call us several times each day to ask the same thing. my mother in law has fallen several times and my father in law, whose health is usually fine, is starting to develop little ailments. it is so difficult to see parents age. it is also very time consuming (docotr's appt's, supervision, help, etc) and can be saddening.
i truly feel for chris and you. please wish her our best. you are both so lucky to have one another.
-sylvia

Latest posts

Back