My surgery on next Tuesday...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paula (in Finland)

Thank you for all engouragement I have got from you earlier. I did a lot of research when I found out in spring that the surgery need to be done and I was more nervous, but now I take it as a part of my fate. My surgey (RP) will be on 17. Dec, so I do have less than one weeks to go. I think that I must spend the Christmas also at the hospital, as I said I'm quite calm still. One reason perhaps for that might be that it has been so many changes in my life and I don't really have had time or possibility to think my surgery so much lately. I think that this fact has only had a positive effect to my prepearing for the surgery and I really hope that it will have a positive effect also my recovery. I'm looking for totally new life post surgery. I keep in touch with you if I'll worry that everyting isn't as it sould be when I'm back from hospital.

Paula:)

Hi Paula-

I'm sending you good wishes for a great operation and smooth recovery. You'll do just fine, and we'll all be waiting to hear from you after you have it done.

So, we'll talk to you later. You'll have a beautiful new heart for the New Year.

hi paula!
just wanted to wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery.
joey had his rp about 15 months ago and is feeling sooooo much better than he did before the surgery.
i wish you the same.
just remember to be patient in your recovery. take it slowly, rest a lot, walk a bit, do your breathing, etc. most of all, don't rush yourself or do too much.
please have someone post for you if you can so that we may know how things went.
be well, sylvia

Warm wishes for a successful surgery and quick and easy healing. You will be amazed at how well you will be feeling in just a few weeks. do keep us posted with the news. We like to hear from all our friends.

Paula,
With such a positive outlook on things, everything is bound to go well. Being positive is 95% of the entire ordeal. You will be fine and you will feel so much better afterwards.
If your surgery is on the 17th, don't be surprised if they kick you out sooner than you think. The way insurance operates in the U.S., they don't want you to be in the hospital one more minute than necessary. So, you might be roasting chestnuts o'er the open fire on Christmas Day!
Best of luck to you and yours. Keep in touch and know that we are all here to help, support, and listen. God is good.

:)

Paula - so nice to see you again. Sounds like you have some good changes in your life coming up and that's always good news. I pray that all will go very smoothly on your trek up the mountain to good health. Your surgery date is already in the calendar (above, click on it). Please check in here 2-3 days before your surgery as we always have last minute good wishes for you to take along to hospital. Hope someone can let us know how it all goes. God bless

Hi Paula

Hi Paula

I just reread your prior posts......Boy is it ever cold there..I think maybe you would be better to stay in hospital as long as you can. Nice and warm and you can walk every day down the halls and look out the windows at the beautiful views. When you go home..just walk in the house..around and around..rest..drink good juices..the days will go by slowly at first..Then weeks will go by..and soon you can bundle up and go out ...We will be thinking of you next Tuesday.......and on Wednesday, I just found out I will be a Grandmother that day..My Grandson, Dalton, will come into my life..if not before:D Bonnie

Paula, I hope you have a very easy time of it. My surgery to replace my mitral valve is scheduled for Jan. 3...How long do they expect you to be in the hospital? Its good to stay busy and try not to dwell on the pending surgery or it can drive you nuts!
Good luck and make sure and let us all know how you are doing.

Latest posts

Back