My new Guardian Angel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhmoriarty

I have been on this site for a little over two weeks now. I have found some amazing people that have amazing stories on here as well.

Yesterday morning outta the blue, a woman found me on my facebook. She had saw my posts on here.

She is around my age, has three children, has lost a child - like myself, and had the same exact surgeon as I do. She lives in my area. She started chatting with me and at first I wondered who is this person and how did she find me? She had the Ross done as well only two weeks ago. She told me her surgeon had told her he had a 29year old woman coming in later that week having the same procedure. At my time of meeting with him, he told me of her, a woman near my age that had just went through the Ross with flying colors. Due to HIPPA we couldnt know each other though.

So of course it was a shock that she even found me. But I think my family that is in heaven have sent her to me to calm me down. She is in my terms a guardian angel. She told me about her procedure and how she feels now. That way I would know how the surgeon was as well.

I want to thank each and everyone of you on here for your love and support. Im having good and bad days and getting nervous about the upcoming surgery, but I am so glad others like me have been there.

I love each and everyone of you, even if we have never met, never spoken...you have forever changed my life.

Its sounds wonderful that you found someone that is almost identical to your situation. Its good that you two can talk and she can guide you through your journey...Ive talked to many members on this site, that were, are, and will continue to be an inspiration to me. Without this site, i would have had a much worse time with dealing with my surgery.

There are many guardian angels flying around this place.;) Sometimes you have to duck so their wings don't hit you as they fly by!:)
I'm glad this particular one found you when you were in need of one.:)

How have you been doing Danny? I have actually been trying to keep up with you. I remember my first day two weeks ago, I think I posted everywhere, lol. Thanks guys for helping me.

Im doing O.K. 9 days post op. Went to the cardiologist today, he said everything looked good so far. Have to go back in a few weeks for bloodwork. Fighting a low grade fever, but he said as long as its not getting worse, or if i start leaking at my incision sites, it shouldnt be anything to worry about. Also went and got a pneumonia shot today...everyone here is out of the flu shots...cant seem to find one. By the way, sorry, im not trying to hijack your post....lol. You will do great though.

Valerie,

I had a smile on my face when I read this post. I am SO glad that you and a kindred heart patient have found each other. I do believe the guardian angels 'up there' were also looking out for you. Hopefully, this has brought you a little more peace and reassurance.
Thinking of you,

Valerie:

I certainly does sound like you have a guardian angel.

I realize the reason for HIPPA, but it also creates hurdles for patients. In 1980 when I had both feet operated on at the same time, my surgeon gave me names of women who had had the same procedure. I talked to them, which helped me prepare for it and the recovery.
I wouldn't be able to do that today.

That's why the internet is so wonderful!

Glad to know that your guardian angel is there for you Valerie, helping ease some of the fears, doubts & anxieties you will experience when faced with OHS.

Wishing you the very best with your upcoming surgery.

I think we have more then one guardian angel. Because one just is'nt enough sometimes.:)
Prayers and thoughts coming your way for your upcoming surgery.

Valerie,

I had a little shiver when I read your post. It was meant to be to find your angel when you needed her most. Duffey's right...they're all around. I had a guardian angel who helped me through Bill's surgery, and you've inspired me to thank her again.

I wish your surgery was yesterday - the waiting is the worse. I will be thinking of you every day.

Jill

Let me tell you a story that is oh so true about my particular guardian angel expierences:

When I was 19 I had a son (Isaac) born without the left side of his heart. I chose to let GOD decide how long I would have with him. I prayed everyday for 5mins with him and GOD gave me 2 days.

During this time a nurse was at my side. She taught me how to give Isaac a bath, cried with me, held him and rocked him, when I was completely exhausted. She was the second shift nurse. She stayed overnight with me past her shift. She even came in the day he passed away early to see him only to find of his passing. She dressed him, took last pictures for me, and gave me a lock of his hair for keeping.

Two weeks later she sent me a card explaining how she suffered right along with me when I lost him. We had called her his girlfriend. I sent her a card explaining my gratitude to her as well to the address she had put on the card. It returned to me unknown address.

At six weeks I went back to the hospital to show pictures. I asked to see Sarah Carter. None of the nurses knew of her. So I just thought maybe this is a new shift. So I asked to see the charge nurse, whom was with me at delivery. I asked again, Im looking for Sarah...and she said we dont have a Sara nor have we had one here in a while. I impatiently started freaking out, wanting to find this lady who helped me through the hardest time of my life. I showed her picture, no one still knew who I was talking about.

That brings me to the conclusion of this true story. I named my son Isaac from the bible cause Abraham was asked to take his sons life to show how much he loved GOD. However GOD showed mercy and allowed Isaac to be spared.

Do you know what Isaac's mothers name was in the bible?

Sarah.

I know it runs cold chills over me everytime. I have never found her. Although I know those hardest days of my life she was with me. I believe forever in Guardian Angels.

Wow, Valerie, thank you for sharing that beautiful and touching story. I got chills reading it too (and also when reading about your newest Guardian Angel). I wish you only the best from this day forward and may you continue to be blessed with Guardian Angels.

Nadine:)

Latest posts

Back