my first op post-OHS is over!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netmiff

I am home, tapping one-handed on keyboard. Pain is worse than anything I have ever had, including OHS ! DH is doing my belly-pokes. Everyone here in this new town is totally in awe of home testing! I am begging almost for my drugs ever 4 hours.

Surgeon said he did a good job, bones are all back where they should be, but he did have to put 4 pins in, they will have to come out . . .

Good luck, Jeanette! I know how painful this is. I fell on my right wrist two years ago. One orthopedic said he would do surgery and another said he would fix it without surgery. OH YA!! Unfortunately, he dislocated or disjoined my wrist and I was in pain for a long time. I am glad you chose to have the surgery and wish you luck. You do not have to tolerate any pain. Take the pain killers!! this is why they were made...pain is under source of tension on the body.

Good luck and good healing. You did great typing with one hand.

Jeanette, I'm sorry you had to have surgery for that, but glad it is over. Just keep taking those pills and hopefully you'll feel better in a couple of days.

Kim

Hoping that your pain gets more & more manageable as time goes by. Don't wait until it gets out of control before you take you pain meds --- take them before it gets out of hand!

Take care & rest up my friend! :)

Jeanette (((HUGS)))..........WOW,Get better soon
Don't overdo and hows your ankle now?
Sit quietly and rest up now,sorry you had ended up in surgery.:(
zipper2 (DEB)

thanks everyone.

surgery wasn't bad, as it was planned . . to give me time to get INR down, bridging shots etc. arranged. they kept me overnight as doc had ordered extra IV antibiotics - he must have looked up replaced valve protocols!

painkillers are my best friend right now, but pain not as bad this am as it was yesterday, should get better and better as swelling goes down.

Jeanette.....
So sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Every day will make it better. I haven't been on much lately as we've been traveling and at dog shows, but am glad you chose the surgery.

Take the drugs.....that's why they gave them to you.

Evelyn

Jeannette - Glad you came through surgery ok and are starting to feel better. Sorry you had to have the surgery but glad its over! I can't believe how well you are typing with one hand.....I have a hard time with two! LOL :D Make sure you do what the doc says and don't use your hand anymore than you are allowed to do! I made that mistake once and had to have it redone...won't make that mistake again!

Jeanette,
Take the meds for pain and dream a happy dream of days spent walking in a meadow of daisies with a cool breeze whispering across your face. Or maybe this scenario: lying in a hammock with a gorgeous man by your side feeding you chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Of course there is always the dream of relaxing in a jacuzzi in the mountains with a gurgling creek singing over the rocks and pristine mountain air filling your lungs. Okay send me some drugs!! LOL!!
Seriously hope the pain goes away fast and the healing process is fast. Take care!
Hugs!
Jane

I hope you get better real soon. Now is the time to have your husband wait on you.

pain is less again today, I have a shelf beside desk to elevate arm on so I can work on computer longer - it has my heart-hug pillow on top of it!

I have some before pics, will post to my album - not for the squeamish out there :D some of the bruises are doozies ! Would post pics of mybruised belly, but I don'twant to care prople off bridging, I am hoping yesterday was the last onr, INR was 1.8, so we are getting there !

before pics are posted in my album; INR was 2.3 last night, so no belly shot required!

pain is less and less, it is more of a tired ache now than an actual pain, and I am sure even that will go away in the next few days.

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Latest posts

Back