my cath is scheduled May 28th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie316

Well next step the cardiac cath. My surgeon says the because I want to be active after my AVR and I am only 5 foot 1 in I will need a largers isze mechanical valve and possibly for hie to support the structures before and after the valve. Does anyone have experience with this?? He told me that if he put the correct size valve for me I would not be able to be active after surgery???:confused:

hi jessie- i am 5'2 and have a 19 mm bovine pericaridal vavle. the surgeouns ive met said its the smallest vavle for someone my size but ive had no restrictions on exercise...i have a small annulus i guess but for this surgery they said they are going to try to make the valve a little bigger for me so ill have more blood flow..

Well next step the cardiac cath. My surgeon says the because I want to be active after my AVR and I am only 5 foot 1 in I will need a largers isze mechanical valve and possibly for hie to support the structures before and after the valve. Does anyone have experience with this?? He told me that if he put the correct size valve for me I would not be able to be active after surgery???:confused:

Im 5 foot 1 also and have a smaller carbomedics aortic valve size 20 from 17 years ago they did mitral surgery in Jan on me size 29 St. Jude but now are telling me the aortic valve is small for me even 17 years ago they shoulda went bigger.But hasnot effected me in any way yet.although im a mismatch:p
I don't fully understand why if correct size valve you wouldnot be able to be active after surgery? Question your Doc on this some more as i'm curious now.

Good luck with your cath may 28th Wow thats tomorrow if i read correct
in Canada time anyhow,keep us posted and all the best.

zipper2 (DEB)

Back