My arthritis has reared its ugly head!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Norsworthy

As much as I hate to, it looks like I'm going to have to go back to a daily NSAID. It's gotten to the point where I can't do some of the things I want to do because of the stiffness & pain. The worst is my lower back & shoulders. My poor joints are just bone grinding on bone. I know NSAIDs are a bit risky for the heart & I'll talk it over with my cardiologist in June when I see him. Anyone have an opinion on the subject? I'd be glad to hear it.

I had my bypass surgery on Feb 6, 2012. The surgeon put me on Plavix for 90 days to prevent blood clots. He specifically said that I could take Tylenol but I could NOT take Ibuprofen. I'm assuming because of the Plavix. Tylenol is the only pain reliever that doesn't do anything to your blood from what I understand. I know how you feel because I have unbelievable pain in my neck, left scapula, shoulder, arm & hand. It feels like my Scapula is dislocated & like my arm & hand are being crushed. At Cardio Rehab they sent a request to my Internal Medicine Doctor for her to approve some Physical Therapy. She refuses to sign it & says that I am due for a complete physical. I had a complete physical on Jan 27 at the hospital. I must have had 25 ekg's, 8 chest xrays, thousands of dollars & gallons of blood work done in the last 2 months. Just not by her. She got copies of everything but insists that I need a complete physical! I'm looking for a new Internal Medicine Doctor now!!!

Tylenol may be the only pain reliever that doesn't affect your blood but it is also the only pain reliever that does absolutely nothing for me. When the docs recommend that I take Tylenol, I tell them I would get the same benefit taking the buttons from my shirt.

Latest posts

Back