My 8 week progress report

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enkaynj

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am coming up on my 8th week post AVR ,but my surgery just seems like a long time ago. My scar is completely healed.THe last of the goop peeled away uesterday. The only issue I had was folliculitis on my chest as a result of them shaving the chest hair pre-surgery. Once I started using anti-bacterial body wash and went about shirtless whenever I was home, it too is destined to become a distant memory. It also helped that thanks to Hurricane Irene, we had severe commuting woes in New Jersey and I was able to work from home. So I could go shirtless all day. There is always a silver lining to any calamity.
I am going to start going to the gym tomorrow. I have been walking 3 to 4 miles a day regularly and this has helped a great deal.
Last night I was brave enough to trek to the US open - with my daughter - 2 hrs away using publicj transportation and there was no issue even on the crowded #7 train to Flushing Meadows stadium; was rewarded with the most awesome men's and women's line up - Rafa and Serena both in one evening back to back. imagine that.
Anyway, I digress. For those who are in the waiting room or having complications post surgery, hang in there. Things will get much better and the AVR procedure will be but a distant memory.
Thanks to all who have been sharing their success stories on this forum. It really helped me a lot knowing that everything will turn out well in the end despite temporary setbacks and aggravations.

High five on completing the journey to the US open! 8 weeks, working, going "out of town", walking 3-4 miles a day, and starting the gym! Just amazing. To infinity and beyond!

I haven't been to the gym yet. I have been walking outdoors in the morning and evening hours. Planning to go to the gym this weekend, however. Not messing with weights until after I start my cardio rehab and my next visit to the cardiologist.

Latest posts

Back