My 3 month after surgery Cardio visit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanie

I was not sure whether to share this or not, as it saddens me that many have bumpy roads to recovery, but just in case this inspires or gives hope to anyone, decided to tell you folks of how miraculously I have rebounded. I had an echo done in mid March that showed continued improvement, but the April 13 appointment with the cardiologist was really a day brightener. My surgery was January 14th. As of the April appointment, a brief EKG done in office showed normal sinus rhythm, heart rate was within a desirable range. At the end of the appointment, the Doctor looked at me in amazement and said 'Your heart is perfectly normal now!'. Considering I was half-dead and headed more in that direction quickly when I first saw her on January 12, that is truly a miraculous turnaround. I give thanks to her, and to my wonderful surgeon and to God.

The cardiac rehab exercise class has been great too. It probably helped/helps that I have no other chronic health problems; my issue before surgery was mostly a stenosed Aortic valve. Once the structural problems and normal post surgery tendency to arrythmia had been dealt with, recovery has been pretty rapid. The only drugs I am on now are baby Aspirin, Coumadin/warfarin and Metoprolol. So, if it can happen for me, it can happen for others and I certainly hope so!

Last edited:
Fantastic news! And yes, you are right in sharing - even those who have occasional trip-ups on the road to recovery can look at you and aim for that 'perfect heart'. You are one lucky person:)

Latest posts

Back