Multaq, again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debster913

OK, so I've been on Multaq for almost three weeks now, and I'm still feeling tiny, short runs of A-Fib. I'm reluctant to share this with my cardio yet, since I'm wondering if my body is still adjusting to the meds. But last night I had a short run of A-Fib that was uncomfortable.

Any thoughts? I see my cardio April 9th.

Thanks!
Debi

Debi, I just sent you a message, but I'll reply here as well so anyone else might benefit from this info....When I started Multaq, it really took a while, maybe 6 or even 7 weeks, before I had the full effect of Multaq. So, if you feel like it, hang on for a little while longer to see what will happen.

Good luck.

Kim

Don't know if this means anything, but I got dizzy a few times yesterday and my heart rate felt a bit slower than normal. I checked, about 56 BPM. Think I might also mention this to the cardio, and hopefully everything does balance out in a few weeks with the Multaq because I think my cardio's next step is amiodarone.

Don't know if this means anything, but I got dizzy a few times yesterday and my heart rate felt a bit slower than normal. I checked, about 56 BPM. Think I might also mention this to the cardio, and hopefully everything does balance out in a few weeks with the Multaq because I think my cardio's next step is amiodarone.

Sent you a pm. My heart rate is also in the middle 50's, but was same on amiodarone too! Multaq is amiodarone without the iodine, so I doubt he will change you. Stay with it, I'm sure it will work for you---David L

I'm back on Multaq as well as carvedilol (generic Coreg),furosimide, magnesium, potassium, pravastatin, generic Prilosec, paroxotine (generic Paxil), and levothyroxin. With the exception of the Prilosec, everything is the same as before surgery. For as long as I'm still taking the Loritab (1/2 of a 5/325 every 8 hours or so) I'll be taking the Prilosec.

It took nearly 3 weeks for my heart to settle into a sinus rhythm after the full cox-maze IV, AV replacement, and Mitral valve repair. During that time, I began cardio therapy and was generally able to do all that was asked of me. I had a really rough week one week out of the hospital. That was the result of doing too much, too soon.

One thing I've found with Multaq is that you really don't "feel" anything. It's supposed to help your heart rhythm remain constant.

I do know that from time to time, I get little dizzy spells, especially if it's nearly time to take my meds, or if I've just taken them, and they haven't had time to get into my system yet. Generally my bp is on the high side and pulse on the low side just before med times. Mid-day, at cardio therapy, I'm spot on.

thank you for the posts on multaq. joey just started multaq this week after having been on amiodarone for years (small dose). i am praying that the multaq does the trick and it is truly good to know that it may take weeks for it to fully kick in.
thanks so much for that info!!!

Back