Mr Rogers/Captain Kangaroo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alrighty then:Attention to all you Cleveland,Ohio people. Remember Mr.Jingaling?? He was the keeper of the keys on Halle's seventh floor-He'll be looking for you to turn the key.:cool:

How about bozo the clown, remember him. When I was little I was in the kiddie corral on one of his shows. I remember my grandfather took me. What a thrill that was. Mostly he ignored us kids. martha

I grew up to the likes of Tom Terrific, Flash Gordon, Howdy Doody, Davy Crockett, Captain Kangaroo, Zorro ( I could go on and on).

During the week, the rest of the kids went to school, Mom went back to bed and I watched Romper Room.

Steve you mentioned:

"Just wondering -- anybody remember the classic (to a Chicagoan) puppet shows like "Garfield Goose" and "Kukla, Fran and Ollie?" These, along with "Two-Ton Baker" were our lunchtime favorites during grade school in the 50's."

Those were all of my favorites when I was in grade school. We would race home for lunch, just so we could watch them. I remember Two Ton Baker! (Wow!) just to hear somone else that remembers him that I now know, is neat.

Do you remembering watching The Man on the Street? I think it was on around the early evening news time. I only remember it because at various times one or another of my sisters or brothers(have 11), would be interviewed. Can't think the name of the interviewer. I'll have to ask my sister tonight.

I was too old to care by the time Mr Rogers was on TV, but I did see his show a few times when I babysat my nieces and nephews. He did have a true love for children.
Probably one of the last of the true icons for kids!

Latest posts

Back