Movin' & Groovin' November 14

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
MovinandGroovin.jpg

Movinphoto03.jpg

The forum is finally back up again! That means we can post our Movin' & Groovin' results for November 7 - 13.

I'll go first:

Three jumping lessons, riding the baby horse and stretching each night. And one long walk with Pony Girl! Oh, and 3 hours at the art fair this afternoon!

Walked dog every day, and doubled the distance, going twice around the perimeter of Blue Ridge Park.

Hiked about 1/3 of way up a new mountain trail (elevation 2,350 feet), six weeks after knee surgery. Goal is to walk the 1.9 miles up, and then back down.

Continuing physical therapy for knee at least through end of month.

Riding exercise bike in basement at night for some extra movin' ....

Yeah ,I thought that there was something wrong with my computer's
settings,browser,cookies, or something:confused:

Gee....this week flew by me!
Lets see.....I :
*began my intense house cleaning,and the soapy scrub brush skating
just isn't as effective as it once was--say at the age of 12:D
Still, I got in a few hours of a workout from it.

* 15-20 minutes of all over body exercise with weights everyday,but only
once a day this week.

*Went walking three times.One time as only 20 minutes.the others were 2
long walks to the pier near my house and that was a coupl hours each
(NO Bike Riding:eek:)

*Meditated for an hour or so and was able to visit many places in my imagintion,and also reduce some stress.

I see that I really need to up the activity--I will not be able to lose
20 pounds like this!
Hope everyone had a week full of fun and activities:)

Two hours of pilates this week and a 45 minute walk. My goal is to increase my walking and keep up the pilates.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we are all heading in the right direction.
Earline

Rode the bike 92 miles this week...some high intensity mileage. Second week on the bike (outside). Wasn't a problem other than being out of shape and having a weak left leg from a herniated disc. Beta blocker keeps my HR low. Carried a TV (not something I'd recommend) and several bundles of firewood upstairs, no sternum issues. Did several sets of push ups for the first time and hit the gym a couple times and lifted light weights. So far so good. I'm feeling pretty blessed/lucky at this point. Moovin' and groovin' and shakin' and bakin' at 9 weeks post op.

Rode the bike 92 miles this week...some high intensity mileage. Second week on the bike (outside). Wasn't a problem other than being out of shape and having a weak left leg from a herniated disc. Beta blocker keeps my HR low. Carried a TV (not something I'd recommend) and several bundles of firewood upstairs, no sternum issues. Did several sets of push ups for the first time and hit the gym a couple times and lifted light weights. So far so good. I'm feeling pretty blessed/lucky at this point. Moovin' and groovin' and shakin' and bakin' at 9 weeks post op.

Glad you're shakin' and bakin' as well as movin' and groovin' :D:)

I know of at least four of us on vr.com who were fortunate enough to have Dr. Speir as our surgeon. He's my hero.

Best wishes for continued return to your active life.

Latest posts

Back