more problems for my brother.......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruthienc1

My brother, Bud, age 67, is now 9 weeks out from AVR and is now back in the hospital. He had just returned home on Monday after a 5-day stay for dangerously low potassium. The potassium seems to be ok this time, but SOB persists. He has a pleural effusion and they drained off 1200ccs. this afternoon and have said they'll be doing a TEE on Monday. Other stuff is planned, but I'm not sure what. He's on full-time oxygen now and feels better. Somehow you'd expect to be feeling better after AVR, not worse! I don't know that I expect any answers from anyone, but I just need to talk. I just want the docs to figure out what is going on and they don't seem to be getting a handle on it. :(

Last edited:
Oddly enough I finally convinced him this week to become a registered user on VR, but these recurrent trips to the ER keep him from getting acquainted with you wonderful folks.........

I'm sure you are searching for a lot of answers. It is so frustrating to say the least. Sounds like he has had some major setbacks but hopefully will be on his feet and on the road to recovery soon. We will be thinking about him and YOU!!.

Latest posts

Back