Mom's back in the "waiting room" I think

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watson524

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I posted but I've been reading off and on as much as possible. As some of you know, my mom has twice gone out to CCF based on her home cardio thinking it was time for her MV replacement (once 10.5 years ago, once this past December) and CCF has said not time yet (10 years ago) and let's see you again in 6 months (last December as posted here http://www.valvereplacement.org/for...andand-not-going-back-in-January!!&highlight=)

We're heading back out for a day of testing on July 8th to see what Dr. Lytle thinks. They're doing all the tests from 6 months ago except the cath which mom was happy to hear. That came back clean as a whistle so I'm glad they won't repeat that too unless they find something on echo that's "suspect".

I think my mom is in the "let's just get it over with IF I ever have to have it" mindset. I'm sure the not knowing what's what is hard and can understand that. Dr. Lytle told us last time he wasn't going to operate just for the sake of operating and rather than wait 10 years to come back, come back in 6 months so we can have better benchmarks so we'll see what he says this time.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say "hi". I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer as best as possible.

Nope, no stress test and she never ended up having that other one when she got back from CCF. After all the testing out there and talking to her GP and what I read and feedback from folks here, she respectfully declined her local cardiologists "offer" and he accepted that.

Back