Molar removed today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue943

I went and had my INR checked this morning and it was 3.1 which is near the bottom of my range, then this afternoon went to the hospital dental surgeon to have my right bottom molar removed. The procedure was totally painfree which is unlike now, the local anaesthetic has worn off and it is very sore! :)

At the moment, some four hours later, there has been no bleeding at all since it was stitched.

I have been told to rest and not do anything which will raise my blood pressure and to avoid things which send my heart rate up, no carrying heavy shopping bags or exercise for a day or two. The dental surgeon said that a rise in BP or HR could cause bleeding. I am also to avoid hard food for a day or two, no crackers or nuts for instance.

So to anyone else having teeth extracted whilst on ACT, don't worry about it.

Now tomorrow I am having my swine flu vaccination and I am hoping that will raise my INR a bit! :)

Mileena, this is the reason that I posted about it, to hopefully stop other people worrying if they need similar treatment.

There has been no bleeding at all and even immediately after he extracted the tooth I couldn't taste blood and the dental surgeon was fully in control at all times. The only difference for me was that afterwards he said not to use the mouthwash, just to spit then wipe my mouth.

That's excellent news ................

That's excellent news ................

Sue, that's just perfect--thanks for this valuable information. Sooner or later most of us will need to have a tooth removed and it's good to know how well things can go.
Best wishes.

Sue, that is great! Thanks for posting.
I will remember to mention your experience if I ever need a tooth removed. I'm not fearful of dental surgery but some doctors have a problem with a person being on Warfarin.

Hope the pain gets better soon.

I've been receiving treatments for a root canal that went bad for the last 3 months. But now I believe he has saved the tooth for it feels normal.

Latest posts

Back