Moderate Leaky Tricuspid Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake777

I wrote earlier in the reunions thread about my bad afibs that are constant and about how I have been in hospital last few weeks and was unable to take tikosyn and amiodorone because of bad side effects. But I forgot to tell you about my 9 year valve checkup. They told me I have stretching of my Left side of heart. They say my tricuspid valve is moderately leaking and I can't remember why but left side of heart is stretching and is part of reason why I am having afibs and the tricuspid leak. I will probably be going in hospital tomorrow and put on Sotolol, I was givin some options one was pace maker if meds do not work and another was to go to Houston is really great at ablation with people who have mitral valves, doc did not seem to trust anyone at my hospital in (OK) for some reason. They said that they will have to watch the tricuspid leak and not repair the actual tricuspid valve but run a wire through left side of atrium (not sure if this is the name) and pull and tie off to reduce enlargement. I think I said that right.

Has anyone ever had this done?

I am so moved by everyone here and what they have been through and still going through and the strength you all have. You have always been like a family here. And a place I know I can ask questions and I feel I can get strength to keep moving and not worry so much about things. Because so many of us are going through the same thing. Thanks in advance to any suggestions or thoughts and God Bless!

Well, Blake, it sounds like you've got your hands full. But it also sounds like the docs have a plan, and that is a good thing.

I can't add much about dealing with afib, as mine was short-lived after surgery. I can tell you that life with a pacemaker is not a big deal. I won't go into a lot of detail unless you think you want to go that way - then I can tell you all about it.

I can truly say, though, that after having a pacemaker for these past 6+ years, the only time I'm aware of having it is when I look in a mirror with my shirt off. I still do everything I did before. I guess it is different, though, when travelling by air. I get to go through the X-ray line instead of the metal detectors. (Although I did get shepherded into the metal detector at Heathrow last year with no pacemaker issues.)

Back